Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry you can delete this if im posting too much im just worried and didn't get much from my other post can't find how to delete it.

2012 Cruze lt 1.4L 215,000km
Took to mechanic they cleaned air intake out found orange nipple which is good

They said pcv valve causing pressure so replaced it

Came home noticed my oil pan soaked. Cleaned it. 10 minutes later running idle oil was starting to soak pan again

2 days later now I keep an eye on it....no oil leak... Where the oil leaked the day of is dried up now. HOWEVER I have two pictures I took I can't see anything above it very well. If someone has thoughts of what's going on i would be forever grateful. I thought it's oil pan gasket. But it seems to be wet above the oil pan as well. Only just above if I feel higher it gets dry. Note this is right underneath the belt side of the engine. which you can see in the pictures

Worrying me just in the fact I don't have a mechanic I trust and I don't want a gasket changed when it doesn't need to be and there is another issue.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just posted this same thing on another thread, not saying it is your issue, but worth a check. Check the CPASV (camshaft position actuator solenoid valve) seals. There are two of them that tend to leak after you get some miles on the 1.4 turbo engine. Not a big deal to replace. I replace mine in about 15 minutes, cost was $8 for the seals. There is a thread in the How To section of this forum that will walk you through the process if you think that is the problem. Not saying this is your problem, but could be, as mine had oil on the pan from these seals leaking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just posted this same thing on another thread, not saying it is your issue, but worth a check. Check the CPASV (camshaft position actuator solenoid valve) seals. There are two of them that tend to leak after you get some miles on the 1.4 turbo engine. Not a big deal to replace. I replace mine in about 15 minutes, cost was $8 for the seals. There is a thread in the How To section of this forum that will walk you through the process if you think that is the problem. Not saying this is your problem, but could be, as mine had oil on the pan from these seals leaking.
Thanks for great suggestion! But alas everywhere around these are perfectly dry :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.