Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Cruze diesel. Now that I have used up all the "free" oil changes from the dealer I am attempting to change the oil myself. But for the life of me I cannot find the oil or fuel filter locations. Can somebody post a picture to help me out? I have tried google images, but nothing I have found looks even close to what I have. And the owners manual is useless.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Oil filter (cartridge type) rear of engine, passenger side.....it appears removal is easier with the right front wheel removed and access through the inner fender.....there are several members that report the filter was fairly easy to access from above.

Fuel filter, undercar, just ahead of the passenger side rear wheel....

Be calm.....someone will have pictures or a tutorial for you.....the forum is rather quiet on Sundays.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks guys I actually found the do-it-yourself links on this site on my own. I was coming back to post the link in my own thread when I saw you beat me to it. 100% worth a sticky in my book. Thanks again, now I am headed back to the store to get the right oil I bought dexos 1 instead of 2. Oh well live and learn. Thanks for the quick replies.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Hey thanks guys I actually found the do-it-yourself links on this site on my own. I was coming back to post the link in my own thread when I saw you beat me to it. 100% worth a sticky in my book. Thanks again, now I am headed back to the store to get the right oil I bought dexos 1 instead of 2. Oh well live and learn. Thanks for the quick replies.
Welcome to the forum. Let me know if you have any questions about my DIY's

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Oil filter (cartridge type) rear of engine, passenger side.....it appears removal is easier with the right front wheel removed and access through the inner fender.....there are several members that report the filter was fairly easy to access from above.
Rob
Great now you have to remove a tire to change oil? I have the gasoline cruze. On my 2003 S-10 4.3L pickup I have to remove both front tires to change the spark plugs, especially the #3 plug that's right behind the steering colum shaft. That was a stupid idea.
However on my '66 chevelle with a big block 454 I can change the oil and plugs without removing anything.
Ahhh the good ole days.........

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Great now you have to remove a tire to change oil? I have the gasoline cruze. On my 2003 S-10 4.3L pickup I have to remove both front tires to change the spark plugs, especially the #3 plug that's right behind the steering colum shaft. That was a stupid idea.
However on my '66 chevelle with a big block 454 I can change the oil and plugs without removing anything.
you do not need to remove the tire

its perfectable accessible from the top.

however, cuz you gotta put something under the car to catch the oil from the pan, you may also while under there pull out the filter there, its easier if you turn the wheels left for some more room

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,017 Posts
I'm living this right now. I did a valve cover on my Jeep yesterday, and I had to remove the coolant tank, disconnect the heater core lines, a handful of wire harness clips, unplug all 3 coils and fuel injectors, and remove the intake and the oil fill tube. I'm hoping that I don't have to disconnect fuel lines or remove the power steering pump to get to the other side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts