Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm in the process of replacing the clutch assembly and flywheel (which is destroyed) on my 2012 LS. And of course, am thinking about which lube I want to fill the gearbox with. I have used redline in the past in other cars I've
had and was very happy with it. From the advise on here last Fall I put Amsoil Syncromesh Trans fluid in the LS and there was a general improvment but I did have a couple of issues which I wasn't thrilled about. So, this time I was deciding between Redline 75W-90 or Amsoil 75W-90 until the other day when I was looking for parts online and noticed two other gear lubes which I would like some feedback on. They are Driven (Joe Driven) and Royal Purple and another HKS although, it would seem that HKS had probably removed itself by its price, but if anyone would like to comment on it that would also be appreciated.

Additionally, if anyone can recommend a non dual mass but NOT super light flywheel I'd appreciate that too

I was going to put in an Exeddy Stage 1 clutch assembly but could not find one made for my car on the Exeddy site.
So, I'm now looking at Sachs and if they make one for the Cruze, Valeo and Ram.

Any opinions regarding these clutches would also, be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rick

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going to order parts tomorrow. Anyone with any opinions about clutch parts or gear lube? Right now I'm between Joe Gibbs - Driven 75W-90 and Royal Purple 75W-90. And as far as clutch assemblies I'm between 1st Valeo but more costly than the other two choices, then it's between a Rhino Pac and a Sachs.
I'd really appreciate some opinions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.