Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What Octane are you filling up with

1 - 4 of 58 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
I think all we have around here in iowa is octanes 87, 89, and 91. Havent came across any 93 yet
Around me, North Western Indiana, certain gas stations have 91 and the others have 93. Marathon, Luke, and Family Express has 91 where Speedway and Pilot have 93. Maybe try a different station? Really tho it's a negligible figure.

· Registered
195 Posts
Im afraid to ask what anyone else is paying for gas lol. Probably better than me
Filled up in Gary Indiana 3 days ago for 3.98/gal. Premium. Lowest they have been in awhile.

· Registered
195 Posts
Question for those of you living in the flat parts of the US. For driving across Kansas, Illinois, and Indiana on I-70 in an ECO MT, what octane would you recommend? Basically I'm going to be sitting on Cruze control for hours on end. Central Missouri is hilly enough that I'll run 91 or higher depending on what's available. Northeast of Columbus, Ohio I'll run 91 or higher to handle the hills of the Appalachian mountains.
Midgrade should be more than fine for that. The heat isn't too bad yet for this area to bump it up to premium. I don't ever recommend regular. Always midgrade at least. Just beware of Illinois drivers. They think the left lane on the highway is for going just the posted speed limit and that's it. Regional tractor drivers from this area feel like lane signalling is not needed as well. Oh, and fill up before crossing the into Illinios. The gas instantly gets higher right over the border.

1 - 4 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.