Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide on a hitch for my 2016 Cruze LT. I'm 80 so want one that is fairly easy to install. I found 3 but looks like only 2 styles. Has anyone ever had one installed by a dealer? My dealer doesn't install or even recommend one that Chevy approves of. I know Uhaul installs but I don't want to spend a fortune plus a big markup from what I can buy one for. I need a hitch to put a carrier on for clothes on trips so not much weight involved. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Standpat

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Standpat- Are you talking about a 2016 Limited, that is similar to 2015 body styles, or are you looking at the new 2016 GEN 2 Cruze? I suspect the hitches will be different. I doubt any hitch manufacturer has a 2016 GEN 2 Cruze hitch fabricated and released for sale. I could be wrong.

Curt Products are pretty well built, and reasonable to install on the GEN 1 cruze. It's a no drill installation and while I did this with the rear tires on the ground, next time I'd drive it up on some blocks, or slightly lift the rear.

There were two versions of the hitch in GEN 1. The first was a lower hanging visible hitch, the second is a concealed version. I have the concealed version, no drilling required, they use existing body holes.

There's threads on the forum. Google Hitch installation in the upper right search bar.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If its Gen2 go to E-trailer.com they have them at a great price. However to install these you have to remove the rear bumper cover. They install in front of the bumper bracket, a very nice clean install. The down fall however is you have to cut a hole out of the bottom of the bumper cover to get the hitch out. It you take your time it will be a clean look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts