Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Diesel if your willing to put up with minor but annoying emission issues. LTZ if you want a nice car for a bit cheaper.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
How is the car used?

Mostly half hour or less trips.....gasser.

Long haul, hour or more....diesel.

Diesels are not happy when used for short tripping and the operators will get very frustrated with continual sensor problems that are a result of not operating at full temperature.

Rob

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LTZ is sounding better all the time!
I use it around town, very little driving on the highway. Definitely most of the highway is in half an hour!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
To the OP: Kindly do not create more than one thread on the same topic.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
How is the car used?

Mostly half hour or less trips.....gasser.

Long haul, hour or more....diesel.

Diesels are not happy when used for short tripping and the operators will get very frustrated with continual sensor problems that are a result of not operating at full temperature.

Rob
Ditto...Could not agree more with Rob

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
I know, I said I was sorry!

Sorry, if you're referring to my "Ditto" comment, it was strictly in reference to Rob's comments about Diesel vs LTZ. I definitely echo those sentiments, driving the diesel around town results in similar fuel efficiency to the gas model so the LTZ would best fit your driving. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
LTZ is sounding better all the time!
I use it around town, very little driving on the highway. Definitely most of the highway is in half an hour!

Don't make the same "misjudgement" I did: My last Cruze(2012) was an Eco. Nice car and I bought because it was an available 6M and wanted a 1.4 vs my 1.8(2011 LS). After buying the Eco, I quickly realized I bought the wrong car for my type of driving.....Just like you:
Now the Eco is gone, I bought a 2014 1LT auto and could not be happier with performance for the type of driving I do(95% city). While the Eco was "OK" it was not happy with most my driving < 55 MPH. Stick with the LTZ.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts