Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, can’t find any information on this topic. 2014 Cruze 1.4l needs turbo charger replaced. There are OEM’s from $350 to $550, Standard Products and Standard Ingnition, Dorman and Mahle. Prices range from $350 to $1,000. LookIng a long lasting turbo charger that functions well. I’ve replaced many parts on car engines but never a turbo charger and need help which one to chose??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also in this same process and kinda considering upgrading to a bigger turbo instead. Anyone that knows which oem style or upgrade turbo is the best bang for buck would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm also in this same process and kinda considering upgrading to a bigger turbo instead. Anyone that knows which oem style or upgrade turbo is the best bang for buck would be greatly appreciated.
BNR offers a compressor upgrade kit but that's all I've seen for the first gen cars.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Both BNR and ZZP off upgrade options these run over $1000 and probably require a tune due to the extra flow. Stock turbos will last a while if you heat them up and cool them down gently... back in the fast n furious era aka 2000 turbo cars usually were fitted with a turbo timer for this specific purpose. I manually sit for a minute or two to cool down the bearings and casting...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts