1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
Second option does not appear to be projector.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Option one is a projector headlight. Option 2 is get a spare aftermarket headlight and put in quality projectors and HID's in

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
There are several people on here with the Winjets. I actually own them as well, but I haven't installed.

Look up Smurf's build, the Rose Cruze, for one example of them.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well you already know my opinion, I installed HIDs into the Winjets and am very happy with the results.

One piece of advice, if you decide to do a projector retrofit, buy aftermarket OEM headlights. Everything I have read says the factory sealed headlights are next to impossible to bake open. Going through all that work to retrofit your headlights, you won't want to have dinged up lenses. Also, you will have a quality back up if your project goes south.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup aftermarket will be the choice if I go the route

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,813 Posts
Well you already know my opinion, I installed HIDs into the Winjets and am very happy with the results.

One piece of advice, if you decide to do a projector retrofit, buy aftermarket OEM headlights. Everything I have read says the factory sealed headlights are next to impossible to bake open. Going through all that work to retrofit your headlights, you won't want to have dinged up lenses. Also, you will have a quality back up if your project goes south.
As long as the aftermarket headlights don't have lenses that yellow or peel. I know people have a lot of issues with that on the Gen I-IV projectors on the Cobalts. Some people would swap over their factory lenses to prevent that.

And unless they did it a different way than on the Cobalts, baking them apart wasn't all that difficult. It was messy, sure, but it wasn't that hard.

That said - whether aftermarket or OEM, a second set of lights makes things a lot easier, since you can still drive the car. Did it that way when I painted the housings on my Cobalt. Sold the original lights after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts