Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i installed cold air intake and new aluminum piping all around and greddy bov. since i installed the bov when im driving and boosting i hear a whistle sound. never did that before but with new bov its making whistle sound from intake side. anyone know what this could be?

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
the whistle is the turbo spooling. You are hearing it because of the new intake, not the BOV

post up some pics. Did you change the IC pipes for Aluminum? Where did you get them from?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i changed the intercooler pipes to aluminum. before i did that when it was plastic and no bov just stock bpv on turbo i didnt hear a whistle sounded at all the air from the turbo spooling. it dont do it in when im parked and reving but it does it when im driving an boosting

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and when i had the new intake on and no ic aluminum piping it didnt whistle only since i put aluminum piping and bov on it started do ing that

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the whistle? it never did it before the hard pipes. i got pics on my profile in my albums i cant post a pic to this thread for some reason it wont let me. to answer your question before. i used a universal kit and did it myself. i think it looks ok for now but im going to make some changes soon.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Do a boost leak test to rule out a boost leak at any of the new hard pipe joints

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I agree with one4turbo. I'm gonna say you have a leak somewhere in your new piping. Check all your connections again.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
the whistle? it never did it before the hard pipes. i got pics on my profile in my albums i cant post a pic to this thread for some reason it wont let me. to answer your question before. i used a universal kit and did it myself. i think it looks ok for now but im going to make some changes soon.
hmmm ok, if you never heard it at all before, then I would agree that you should check for a leak.

Looks pretty good. Did you put a block off plate in place of the stock BPV?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how do i do a bost leak test? i got the hard pipes and intercooler off eba its a universal set up. i just cut the pipes to fit my car and used 1.5 inch to 2.5 inch reducer couplers to hook up to throttle body. ALSO NEW QUESTION MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON..... is this because the ecu doesnt know what the bov is or maybe i do have boost leak. i havnt checked what it is yet just seeing if anyone knows anything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have not put a block off plate in yet i didnt know i needed to till i talked tomy buddy who works for underground racing in north carolina and said i should block it off. anyone this that could be what it is and is it bad to have a bov annd bpv on at the same time?

·
Registered
158 Posts
you should only run bov or bypass first second you should tune for charge pipes. you increased volume of charge pretty much so both of those likely haave to do with and you probably have a boost leak because you cant use v clamp on plastic under silicon it will always leak

1 - 16 of 16 Posts