Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just bought a '14 and I think it is ridiculous that the interior leaves white marks and creates such a maintenance. What kind of material did they use??? Not even stain repellant.
What interior parts are you seeing this on.....ie, hard plastic or cloth parts.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Reason I asked what parts of the interior are showing this.......my black interior panels show this as well btw, is because I first had this happening on the hard plastic panels used on my 09 Miata w/black interior.

The cause seems to be our dead skin being scraped off where we touch or rub a panel. This was noted as the weather warmed up and short sleeves became the order of the day......much less of a problem during the cooler, sweat shirt and jacket time of the year.
I found that dry microfiber towels pull it out of the grain of the plastic and pores of the cloth with no problem at all.
Note though, I said DRY.....don't put any water or other products on the toweling.

I'm guessing this type of material is some latest greatest easy to reclaim type material that has a bit more roughness than found on older cars......of course, they had less hard plastic to drag your parts against anyways.

Regardless, just wipe them down with the dry microfibre and it'll look just fine.....even the cloth seats respond favorably.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.