Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be ordering a Fluid Film undercoating kit soon, drilling the doors to spray inside and doing a spray underneath.

Who else is prepping their diesel for winter and how are you going about it? Just curious.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Over here in Western Washington the state does not use salt on the roads much but for ice conditions and then they use a chemical brine. Since I have a older Buick Park Avenue that is really good in the snow when we have snow I am going to leave the Chevy Cruze in the garage nice safe dry and warm and drive the Buick.

I also try to keep the Chevy in the garage when it rains so the prep for winter will consist of Changing the oil and keeping the tank full of diesel.

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts
I got six Hakkapeliitta R2 tires mounted and road force balanced on OEM 13259235 rims this week.

I'm used to having five tires in rotation - but the Hakkas are directional - so I needed a third on each side to allow for a spare in rotation.

I also bought a Kent-Moore EL-50448 TPMS reset tool.

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Here I wait for the first snow to put winter tires on stock alloys, power cord and timer set for the oil pan heater, heated garage set to 65F for days below -10, I'll buy some diesel additives for cold weather and a good christmas cd in the dash...lol...since I wash the car each week inside the garage I don't shoot it with any stuff.

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts
Reactions: boraz

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hint, to wash under the car I made a 1/2 inch copper line with a goose neck on the end (squezzed to make it spray) to be able to go everywhere and flared hose fitting at the other end. Cheap and works great!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just picked up a set of 4 ultra grip ice wrt off craigslist,they has 1/32nds wear for $165 bucks.However you guys are freaking me out with the lack of 17" steel wheels.They are the factory cruze td size.I really didnt want to mount them on my oem wheels and loose the factory balance. Please someone come up with a place to buy some steel wheels in 17".

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts
Just picked up a set of 4 ultra grip ice wrt off craigslist,they has 1/32nds wear for $165 bucks.However you guys are freaking me out with the lack of 17" steel wheels.They are the factory cruze td size.I really didnt want to mount them on my oem wheels and loose the factory balance. Please someone come up with a place to buy some steel wheels in 17".
Great buy! Let us know if you find any 17 steelies that work.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are the undercoats worth it? What types are there and how much to they cost? Does it affect anything maintenance wise on the undercarriage?
Fluid film undercoating is absolutely worth it. Especially drilling a small hole on the inside of each door to spray the insides of the doors. It migrates like no other and once a year before winter is all it takes. You can tell which 10 year old car in my area was fluid filmed' and which wasn't.

I wouldn't spray anything that's a "coating" that dries and ends up caking off/trapping moisture underneath. Oil undercoating is inferior IMO and terrible for the environment.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In particular I meant like a rubberized undercarriage spray. And what is fluid film? How does it work

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I think rubberized undercoating spray is garbage for reasons listed in my previous post...

As far as fluid film, google, and youtube are your friend. You'll learn much more then I can type here in a reasonable amount of time.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.