Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Now that we have a Cruze in house to make parts for, who would be interested in a solid (Poly) upper engine mount? (For the 1.4L Turbocharged engine)

They would be similar in look to the Cobalt one:

Turbo Tech Racing Solid Upper Engine Mount Chevy Cobalt/Redline/HHR 2.0/2.2/2.4L Manual Trans - Turbo Tech Racing, LLC=

The Upper Engine Mount eliminates movement that your factory mounts have, maximizing torque and the transfer of energy to the driveline.

Please place your name on the list if interested:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just in case anyone is wondering what these would do for you it would basically limit the amount of vibration of your motor therefore more power transferred to the transmission and better response.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
I would be all over this but as I figured out months ago, I do not have the technical inclination to install this myself :(

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be all over this but as I figured out months ago, I do not have the technical inclination to install this myself :(
You will be able to, we will now provide color picture step-by-step install instructions, it will be very simple. Basic hand tools only.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just in case anyone is wondering what these would do for you it would basically limit the amount of vibration of your motor therefore more power transferred to the transmission and better response.

Limit the amount of "movement" that is. Firms up the engine drivetrain allowing for better torque/power tranfer to the wheels.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Id be interested but I have question first, would the new mount have any effect on the safety mounts where the engine is designed to slide under the car in the case of an accident?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Id be interested but I have question first, would the new mount have any effect on the safety mounts where the engine is designed to slide under the car in the case of an accident?

If you are worried about saftey in any way, we would recommend you do not use any aftermarket parts.

Cars have been designed with "drop down factory mounts" for close to 10 years now, nothing new "just for the Cruze". All brands, of any aftermarket mounts, most likely will not provide this same drop down, as the factory ones do. Aftermarket mounts are for performance. They are stronger than stock to take more abuse.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...it's all about priorities:

First, comes the HP...
Next, comes the thrashing...
Then, comes the broken parts...
Finally, comes the hefty/HD parts...

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I've changed motor mounts on a few different vehicles and they're usually pretty easy. Most motors have two mounts and the transmission holding the engine in place so you can usually get away with replacing one mount at a time without having to use a jack to hold the engine up. Most times only a pry bar is needed to help line things back up to start threading in the bolts.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've changed motor mounts on a few different vehicles and they're usually pretty easy. Most motors have two mounts and the transmission holding the engine in place so you can usually get away with replacing one mount at a time without having to use a jack to hold the engine up. Most times only a pry bar is needed to help line things back up to start threading in the bolts.
This is exactly what we are hoping, we will know soon :)

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
Just to clarify things here a bit, solid engine mounts will not increase your power or torque to the wheels, all they do is keep the drivetrain from bouncing around turing large changes in drivetrain torque output.

Average people, even those who drive fairly agressively on the street, are usually not good candidates for solid engine mounts... the increase in NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) is very noticeable, while improvements in drivetrain responsiveness are often not (especially with an automatic transmission).

If you're having problems with wheel hop or are driving your (manual transmission) car regularly on a road course, then stiffening the engine mounts can be worthwhile. Other than that, improvements are often debatable. NVH is guaranteed to increase over stock levels.

I'm not poo-pooing solid mounts (they definitely have their place), I'm just trying to clarify why you should or shouldn't buy them. There seemed to be an "air" of suggesting that these would increase power and torque at the wheels, which is not true.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Can't wait for these aftermarket Cruze motor mounts to come out and be reviewed. I'm curious to the difference it will make. I don't own a Cruze as yet, so im not aware when engine vibration happens with these cars.

I can see these selling like hot cakes!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts