Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching this video, I'm convinced that we, as Americans, are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to what we get offered in the Cruze.

From the hatchback, to the leather interior to whatever those things are between the buttons when he opens the sunroof. Looks to me like blind spot cameras, but we never actually see them working if that's what they are.

http://youtu.be/jctut0glEUM

·
Registered
379 Posts
Manufacturers are still convinced that American buyers will not purchase a high content hatchback.

...and they may be right. How many Audi A3 Sportbacks do you see?

Not having a hatchback is probably the thing I miss the most about my Mazda6. I could put ridiculously large items in the hatch, no problem.

One of my co-workers bought a gas grill. He had a late model Camry that was physically larger than my Mazda. No matter how we positioned it, it would not go in. Fit right in the Mazda.

:angry: Mazda no longer sells the Mazda6 in a hatchback here

You wanna' hatchback? You can get a Sonic, a Spark, or you can get some dumpy truck wheeled jacked up crossover.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or a rabbit. 😖😖😖

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Or you could wait for this in the fall.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Manufacturers are still convinced that American buyers will not purchase a high content hatchback.

:angry: Mazda no longer sells the Mazda6 in a hatchback here
But they do sell the Mazda3 hatchback. Gotta remember that Mazda sells many fewer 3s in the US than the other compacts. 45,627 '15 YTD vs 95,028 Focus vs 105,281 Cruze vs 129,574 Civic. The 3 hatchback sells in higher percentage to sedan than the others with hatchbacks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Until recently, Mazda was selling roughly the same amount of cars that Subaru did. Subaru skyrocketed. Ad campaign? :confused:

I wanted a new body style Mazda3....just couldn't get close to the price I got the Cruze for. I got my Mazda6 because it was a V6 powered hatchback for the same price as a 4 cylinder Accord LX sedan.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
After watching the video, I didn't see anything that isn't available here, except the 5 door hatchback. Same tire tramp, same fan noise too. Waiting to see what the 2016 MY brings.

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
I suspect hatchbacks won't make a comeback in the US until two things happen - first the hatchbacks must start getting significantly better fuel economy than the small SUVs, and second, gas prices in the US will need to climb and stay in the $4 or higher range.

For car manufacturers there is a lot more profit in the small SUVs than in hatchbacks sitting on car chassis. This is because our government gives truck and SUVs special preferences when it comes to both fuel economy and emissions.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
After watching this video, I'm convinced that we, as Americans, are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to what we get offered in the Cruze.
After reading the latest rant in the "Ask GM" section, I'm not so sure. We get a 5 year powertrain warranty. They only get a 3 year "comprehensive". UK Warranty.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Looks like the cup holders are on the right side of the ebrake handle. Also I don't have a sunroof but our 11 Acadia does and it auto closes, but my Camaro's sunroof doesn't, you have to hold the button to close it. What a pain. Doesn't make sense to me why it isn't an auto close in all vehicles.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Looks like the cup holders are on the right side of the ebrake handle. Also I don't have a sunroof but our 11 Acadia does and it auto closes, but my Camaro's sunroof doesn't, you have to hold the button to close it. What a pain. Doesn't make sense to me why it isn't an auto close in all vehicles.
The moon roof on my car has auto open and close for both the open and the tilt functions. Works just like the windows. Perhaps Honda has better lawyers (or engineers).

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After watching the video, I didn't see anything that isn't available here, except the 5 door hatchback. Same tire tramp, same fan noise too. Waiting to see what the 2016 MY brings.
Is that a Civic in that picture?

And there are a few small details that are apparent. For instance. We have 2 leather interior colors. They obviously don't. We're stuck with either the silver dash vinyl or the black mesh screen. Look at the leather inserts in that car. Seat leather is 2 tone and the colors are much better. And there is something between the sunroof buttons in that video. Look to be lane cameras. But that looks like a weird place to put them.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Yes, it's a rendering based on the pictures of the 2016 Civic test vehicles taken in Europe. It's likely a viable image as the 2016 US market Civic hatchbacks are rumored to be built there. Coupes and Sedans will continue to be built in Ontario and Indiana. Like the Cruze, time will tell what really comes to market here.

I had to watch the video in full screen mode to see the seat insert color difference. Also, if those are lane watch cameras, that's a different approach. Other cars have them in the side mirror binnacles.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[QUOTE I had to watch the video in full screen mode to see the seat insert color difference. Also, if those are lane watch cameras, that's a different approach. Other cars have them in the side mirror binnacles.[/QUOTE]

Those were the main offerings I was referring to. The interior color is amazing. I've seen it in other models, just not the Cruze. And I was pretty sure they were lane cameras. But I didn't see them activate as he used the turn signals. So that's what kind of threw me. But we have none of this stuff. The hatch, the leather. The lane cameras. And we're supposed to have "the" Cruze market.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
I think it's part of the alarm system - two ultrasonic sensors for interior monitoring. It also checks for "incline". See page 30 of the 2014 UK manual.

Some things I noticed from the manual:
  • Electric folding side mirrors
  • Headlight range adjustment
  • They still have the dashboard storage compartment
  • Engine stop/start at lights
  • Rear fog lights
  • DIC for ECO shows top users of power (AC, Headlights, etc)
  • Sunglasses storage
  • Backup camera with guidelines
  • Do our cars do auto window roll up?
  • DIC looks like something from 15 years ago
  • They have a storage compartment where our interior fuse box is.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We don't even get the folding mirrors!

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine fold - but not electrically/remotely.
Correct. I wasn't thinking about the manual fold option when I typed that. Because I never fold mine. But my parking spots are tight at work and being able to lock the doors with the remote and having them fold automatically, would be a nice feature. But it's not even an option for the US Cruze.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts