Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the car is in park (I don't notice it while driving) my 2011 Cruze 1.4l LT RS radiator fan kicks on really loud for maybe 3 seconds then will shut off for a min or so then will kick back on! Can anyone help me fix this issue!?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
There's a few possible problems. Is the A/C on? It might be something defective there. Another problem that's not uncommon is the fan looses the low and medium speed. As a result, things overheat and it has to go to "high" to get things cooled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Low Coolant Level Will cause the Fan to come on, Check your Overflow Tank up by The Left Front Strut Tower.
If it is Empty you More Than likely Have A Leak.
2 spots to look for is water Pump and Coolant Block Above The Transmission Housing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a few possible problems. Is the A/C on? It might be something defective there. Another problem that's not uncommon is the fan looses the low and medium speed. As a result, things overheat and it has to go to "high" to get things cooled.
The heater was on and it only does it hear and there! I really notice it when it's a rainy day if that means anything! My temps though stay right where they always have been....it still doing it so maybe I'll take it into the dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The heater was on and it only does it hear and there! I really notice it when it's a rainy day if that means anything! My temps though stay right where they always have been...
The A/C may be kicking in to dry the air. If the A/C has a problem, it can cause the pressure to jump high (or at least think it does) and cause the fan to go into "jet mode".

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Unsolved problem, condenser is one heck of a bug collector, without air flow through the condenser, high side AC compressor skyrockets.

Not too pleased with the Cruze in this respect, first vehicle ever where I can't remove that radiator/condenser cover from the top. This is not nice. If you think your windshield is bad with bugs, look at your condenser.

With the tiny 1.4L, fan rarely ever runs, if the condenser is clean. Even on hot days. A PITA to clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.