Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've never seen an ad for the new diesel, and it's been out a couple months. There's only one review that's just popped up in the past few days. There are no Youtube videos except mine and Eric's. And even on Chevy's website, it still proclaims "Up to 40 MPG Highway" near the top of the Cruze page. (The diesel gets 52)

What gives? I thought this was supposed to be the next big thing?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
This 2017 ctd is destined to be a VERY low production car at least for this model year, my guess is 1500 or less. There isn't a ctd closer than 100 miles of Indy. I don't really understand it. Why produce a super efficient car and then not promote it. I see a couple articles on yahoo news about the efficiency and driving range and that's been it. They obviously are not really shooting for the VW tdi buyback crowd. I want to test drive one but sorta refuse to drive over 200 miles to go drive one...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the TDI buyback crowd will find it. I did. It's not advertised well that's for sure. But a quick Google search is all it takes. I've been waiting for a year for them to be released, wondering if they'd be available by the time my buyback goes through. My timing is working out great. I turn in my Jetta this Friday, and I placed my order for my Cruze a week ago.
I think the advertising will take off once the 2018 hatch is out.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I think the TDI buyback crowd will find it. I did. It's not advertised well that's for sure. But a quick Google search is all it takes. I've been waiting for a year for them to be released, wondering if they'd be available by the time my buyback goes through. My timing is working out great. I turn in my Jetta this Friday, and I placed my order for my Cruze a week ago.
I think the advertising will take off once the 2018 hatch is out.

Congrats on your order. I think advertising will occur when they put in the Equinox and Terrain and had a small SUV or crossover that gets 40 mpg. They sell more of those currently than a Cruze and margins are prolly better.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,796 Posts
Yeah, I agree with what's been said about the 2017 model year. They're getting a slow rollout for 2017 just to appease those who have been waiting, and likely will (hopefully) go into full-blown advertisement once you can get it in the hatch as well (since the majority of people will go "but why can't I get the hatch?" - you avoid that if you simply don't tell anyone until it has the hatch model, haha).

Or they're pulling the same dumb **** as Gen 1 - who knows.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,998 Posts
Congrats on your order. I think advertising will occur when they put in the Equinox and Terrain and had a small SUV or crossover that gets 40 mpg. They sell more of those currently than a Cruze and margins are prolly better.
I think this too. I have actually seen very little advertising for the Gen 2 Cruze as a whole.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I think this too. I have actually seen very little advertising for the Gen 2 Cruze as a whole.
Some of the local Chevrolet dealers tv advertising still show the gen 1 Cruze of tv, there are none available so far as I know, good grief.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
This 2017 ctd is destined to be a VERY low production car at least for this model year, my guess is 1500 or less. There isn't a ctd closer than 100 miles of Indy. I don't really understand it. Why produce a super efficient car and then not promote it. I see a couple articles on yahoo news about the efficiency and driving range and that's been it. They obviously are not really shooting for the VW tdi buyback crowd. I want to test drive one but sorta refuse to drive over 200 miles to go drive one...
Come drive to me. I've got one.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Come drive to me. I've got one.
I was in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago and I got the flu ? I think I will stay home. Smiles

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,998 Posts
just the diesel or the whole platform?

i see gen 2 ads like crazy, no diesel, but the hatch.
Whole platform. All I see here are those JD Power awards commercials & promotions for pickups and Equinoxes.

I do remember the stupid "describe this car with an emoji" commercials for the Gen 2 Cruze. Thank god those are gone.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Only Chevy ads around here are for the limited edition Silverados. Local dealer ads will sometimes run one for a base model Cruze lease for $179/mo. with limited mileage. Haven't seen a Cruze diesel TV ad for several years now. Some dealers are advertising "new" 2016 Cruzen with "great" pricing deals. Hard to believe they still have inventory that old at this time of the year.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Open offer; if anyone wants to drive to Metro Detroit, I currently have a silver automatic diesel in and you are welcome to go for a drive. Whatever other Cruze I have in stock at the time, you are welcome to drive as well.

·
10,712 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts