Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I completely agree with you here. even with the cars great safety ratings and abs and esc they still asay. "he's a male so hes going to total the car" thats why your rates are so high. i am currently going thru the same problem

hopefully 20 yrs from now when im in my 40's they will trust me a little more.lol

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Trust me Ape88z

they will, I pay about the same for 5 cars and a 4X4 truck (one of those a new Cruze diesel) than I paid in my mid 20's for one car, I'm 53 now

Then again....I no longer feel the need to know EXACTLY what my car is capable of for top end these days.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[h=3][/h]"GMAC auto insurance, you Can Save Up to $540 on Auto Insurance"

Was the worse one for me so far, $1,500 more than I am paying now for the same exact coverage, salesman said over the phone, but you will be covered by GMAC!

Not sure if covered was the right word to use.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was a bit surprised when I added my new wife to my auto insurance, thought it was going way up, but went down instead.

Guess they figured since I was married, wouldn't be chasing around bars all night.

·
Registered
574 Posts
for 2 cars w/ a spotless driving record $1343 high full insurance w/ $500 deduct accident forgiveness double PIP & some more than useable. But this is the same place that has my condo insurance too so I get kind of a break

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I'm just over $1,200 every 6 months for 5 cars and a truck, with full coverage on the Cruze and $100 deductible....., my motorcycle is with a different carrier.

Have a discount because my homeowners insurance is with them, and an even bigger one for having been with them for over 20 years, Yes we did work on thier best price every year too. My record is good but not spotless.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Try and get a deal on auto insurance if you only want one car and house/apartment covered. These insurance company's really stick it to you if you don't have a multiple car policy. I pay close to $1500 a year for just the cruze.

Crazier part, I paid the same for my 2004 cavalier that bluebooked for about $3,800. Switched to the cruze and assumed the cost would go up, nope exact same crappy deal for a car worth 6X as much.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Logic if any, had three insured vehicles, with me as the only driver, could only drive one at a time. So just assumed with two drivers, rates would go up. Ha, wrong again, but this time was nice to be wrong.

They say two can live cheaply as one and was true with auto insurance, but sure not with health insurance, didn't increase my property taxes either, but my income taxes went down a little, but not enough to feed her.

AARP sure offered me good rates, but for the second year, no claims, no tickets, skyrocketed due to excess claims in my state, so they said. So dropped them like a hot potato. They claim they are not doing this anymore, but I don't believe them.

Watch the military channel quite a bit with USAA telling me I served my country so I deserved better rates, that was sure a lie.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just had to give AARP's Hartford a shot, will even walk my dog, like he needs walking.

480 bucks is right, but in their favor, not mine!

Think we need some kind of truth in advertising act.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I paid less for full coverage on 2 new cars when was married 1 being an SRT4 which was the highest car to insure at the time and was less than $100 a month for 2 cars. I was paying that for Cruze made mistake switch to State Farm rate was $77 and within less than 2 months claim rate adjustments for everyone brought it to almost $90 lady said the warm winter is to blame I said that means was less snow and ice but nice try at an excuse. AMFAM never 1x in 15 years did I get rate increases. They warned me of the bait and switch low rate that would magically go up after few months

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
When I insure my car I pay for 12 months even if I make monthly payments. Also I have an agreed amount that I am covered for in writing, so no nasty surprises if I write the car off. I also only pay excess, (deductible) if I am at fault, if the other guys fault I pay nothing. I am currently covered for $24K and the premium is around $650 for 12 months. This also gives me up to $20million liability cover if I run into something really expensive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts