Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We dated for two years and have been married for eight. All this time, my baby was in storage in the garage at the back yard. Thought it would be like the MB 300SLR gulled wing couple I almost purchased back then worth over a hundred thousand even sitting in a farmers field loaded with bullet holes. Wrong again, the Supra was modeled after that car.

Reason why I didn't buy it, was on a hot August day, no AC, windows could only be rolled down part way with those gull winged doors that was a key feature of that car. Took it for a spin, but when was baked well done, decided not to buy it. Supra's gimmick was taking the roof off and putting that in the hatch, plus it has all the conveniences, super great AC and the windows do roll all the way down.

Car has no value today, would never recover what I paid for it even getting top dollar, then in 95, my loving wife divorced me the day after my accident because she didn't think I could support her extravagant life style anymore. Had to give her half the value of that car back then to keep it. So last fall, pulled it into my main garage and started to go through the entire car. Working at my usual rapid pace, just got it done last Friday, got new plates and put it back on my insurance policy.

First time she even to inside, asked why I have a clothe interior, my other vehicles even the Cruze has leather. Just replied, the Japanese were using some kind of mice skins for leather, would only get leather in an American car.

Then why an automatic transmission? Engine has a lot of power, manual clutch just wouldn't hold up. Can you believe I have a wife that loves a stick?

Showed her all the locations of the controls, started it up, and she drove it. First comment was, it doesn't ride as nice as the Cruze and a lot noisier. Replied, a much large engine, doesn't have the sound proofing, and you can drive this thing into a 45 mph curve at 90 mph safely. Would dare do that in the Cruze. Ha, can't do that anyway.

She said the gas pedal is very stiff, has to be that way, if you slam it to the floor, you will get glued to the back of your seat, ha, Cruze doesn't do that either. Guess the only other feature of this car is removing the roof.

She thanked me for teaching her how to drive it, just in case I have the Cruze and she needs to go someplace, but much would prefer to have the Cruze.

She knows I have a 400 mile trip coming up, said, I will take the Surpa, but in all honesty, I would prefer to take the Cruze.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 5272 View attachment 5273

This is what ethanol did to my Supra, was a part of the major cleanup, didn't take photos of the fuel regulator or the injectors, was steaming angry at that time. Did find Made in the USA Carter replacements breaking my keep it stock rule.

View attachment 5275

Took this photo before removing the entire interior for cleaning, can see the mold on the carpeting, looks like new again.

View attachment 5276 View attachment 5277 View attachment 5278 View attachment 5279

Some exterior photos. Has 50K miles on it, did replace the timing belt and tensioner. Was concerned about that, but the old one still looked like new. Does have an interference engine. Years ago, haven't checked recently, a kit was available for $10,000.00, dual stage turbo, all heavy duty engine parts, exhaust and suspension upgrades to jack the HP up to 575 HP. Kicked that around, but can only drive it at 55 mph anyway.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just put a hundred miles on, while typing this, got a call from one of airports where a piece of equipment went out during a lightning storm. It got me there and back.

Black is not the best color, really gets hot in the sun, reason why I chose white for the Cruze. Lost a few ounces of R-12 in that long storage period, AC still works, but not as cold as I remember. Should report Toyota to the EPA releasing a few ounces of R-12 into the atmosphere, the ozone layer is going to disappear and we all are going to die. But already know the story, EPA or the corporations never were held responsible for CFC's, only consumers are.

Now R-134a the environmentally friendly is under strict scurrility for causing global warming. So the EPA is looking at R-1234Yf, unbelievable, contains HC's. New Cadillac XTS is suppose to come out next year. Even though its suppose to be really environmentally friendly, this time, still have to recover it. Recovery equipment will cost $7,000.00, but that is not the end of it. A 30# cylinder of this stuff has the going rate of $2,100!!!

Its still legal for the USA to use R-12, but our friends in other countries are forced to convert to R-134a, the Supra is not adaptable to R-134a, so sticking with R-12. CFC's never depleted the ozone layer, not here, but over the Antarctic. But only during their dark season, even NASA backed off from this theory. Wind currents is what depletes the Antarctic ozone layer.

Those two idiot professors that came up with this theory used a close box, yes, UV radiation does break down CFC's, but in a closed box, and yes the chlorine does combine with O2, whatever can go up there, CFC's are a lot heavier than anything in the atmosphere. If they do break down, that is the end of CFC's, it biodegradable! Chlorine does not exist in nature, way too active for that, more oxygen molecules float up there and form O2, but only if UV rays are present.

So we got stuck with idiots like Al Gore that got into power and tried to make a billion bucks off of this, the rest of us got screwed and still are. Ironically, R-134a is not biodegradable and does have global warming potential. Even more ironic is that trichlorethylene that was banned in around 1976 is required to manufacture it. But for some strange reason, the EPA gave DuPont permission to use this dangerous chemical. So apparently we have a hypocrisy EPA.

Man, can I get off topic, should see my psychiatrist again. Another reason why I am pleased my job moved to China.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.