Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2012 Eco a month ago, and have been absolutely hounded to fill out the GM Customer atisfaction Survey, by both the dealer and direct email from GM. In a letter from the dealer I was asked to fill out the form and to let him know if there were any of the survey questions to which I could not answer "completely satisfied". I wrote back, telling the dealer that indeed there were some issues/questions about the transaction that I could not answer as he wished. He offered a bribe, two free oil changes, as inducement to give the completely satisfied response. I declined, saying that after the fact is not the time to try to win a customer's satisfaction, and I'd be a ho for taking the bribe when I have real issues with the way the whole deal went down. I now wish I had walked away, although I do like the car.

My concern is what I have already experienced as dealer retribution, the "bad customer" label applied to those of us who give an honest response to the CSS and not just shine them on because we like the car. Has anyone else had a similar experience or know of someone who has, on any GM model not just the Cruze?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I"m getting phone calls from GM, the salesman and letters to complete the sat survey. I'm actually doing the salesman a favor by not answering it, because buying the Cruze from this guy was the worst car buying experience I ever had and I've been buying cars for 40 years.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't care what GM corporate thinks but I want to build a good relationship with the dealer so my practice has always been to take the survey form to the dealership and give it personally to the manager. That approach used to work pretty well but the most recent purchase (the Cruze) the survey was online instead of a form to be mailed in. The mail from GM had a password I was supposed to use so I took the mail w/password to the dealer and tried to give that to them. They said they appreciated it but they couldn't take it because GM would detect the IP address and realize it was being submitted from the dealer, not the actual customer.

Funny story - this same dealer used to have a sign in the service department requesting customers bring in any GM satisfaction survey they received and then the customer could qualify for a game where you drew a slip of paper from a bag and win a prize written on the paper. I did it and won $100. Of course I was hooked after that. Every time I got a survey I was down there the next day to try and win another prize. A span of time elapsed between the next time I was in for warranty service and of course I went down to the dealer again when I got a new survey. I've got a big grin on my face and I'm ready to play the slip of paper game. They look at me like I'm an idiot. "We don't do that anymore".

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...today, unfortunately, it's more about "...checking the boxes..." than about any real "...customer satisfaction..."

...for instance, ever seen any "negative" CSS forms hanging on the walls at your local "House-of-Goodwrench"?

...I'll save you from the details.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I still don't understand why folks post on this board with dealership complaints, but don't share with us who those dealerships are. Just tell the whole story and let the world know which of these places don't do the job.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...OK, keeping it brief: Asked for, in writing, (a) "full synthetic" oil change and (b) 35 psi tire pressures. Actually got (a) "blended-synthetic" and (b) 32 psi (someone actually 'crossed-out' the numbers) instead.

...sometimes, it the "little things" that get you, not just the BIG obvious things!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I was perfectly happy with my buying experience. Not only did it go smoothly, the sales guy spent about two hours after the sale making sure that I was familiar with all of the systems on the car. And I had the unusual bonus of seeing the dealership owners car collection in the basement of the building. The public doesn't ordinarily get down there, but it was a rainy day when I bought the car. So, to have a look at it all shined up, they had it in the basement.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
...OK, keeping it brief: Asked for, in writing, (a) "full synthetic" oil change and (b) 35 psi tire pressures. Actually got (a) "blended-sysnthetic" and (b) 32 psi (someone actually 'crossed-out' the numbers) instead.

...sometimes, it the "little things" that get you, not just the BIG obvious things!
And the Dealership name was?????

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was perfectly happy with my buying experience. Not only did it go smoothly, the sales guy spent about two hours after the sale making sure that I was familiar with all of the systems on the car. And I had the unusual bonus of seeing the dealership owners car collection in the basement of the building. The public doesn't ordinarily get down there, but it was a rainy day when I bought the car. So, to have a look at it all shined up, they had it in the basement.
Most places the buying experience is good. Now when you have to bring it in for service, that is a completely different story.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to two dealerships to get my Cruze. The first one was an unsatisfactory experience so I decided not to buy from them. GM didn't give me a survey when I decided to walk out on them, which is when I should have gotten one. I figure, if I bought the car, my experience was satisfactory enough.

·
Registered
235 Posts
newcruzer17: is this dealership the only GM dealer around?

If not, I'd just tell it like it is and find another dealer to service your cruze. Even if they're the only GM dealer around, you should probably think twice about going back without GM being aware of the problem and given a chance to do something about it.

I had a horrible experience with a Dodge dealership back in 04, with unkept promises, getting spot-delivered one evening with a handshake deal (my mistake, I admit) and coming back the next day to papers that didn't come close to reflecting the deal discussed. It took some doing and I ultimately got what I wanted, but I did let it be known I wasn't happy in the survey, and found a dodge dealership closer-by who was happy to handle service and warranty issues even though I didn't buy from them.

(Both dealerships went under during the Chrysler bankruptcy, but that's another story.)

There's gotta be another GM dealer nearby who'll be happy to have your business. It doesn't even have to be a Chevy dealer specifically.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Most places the buying experience is good. Now when you have to bring it in for service, that is a completely different story. [\quote] My understanding is that the service department of the dealership where I bought my car is the one that other GM dealerships send cars to that they can't figure fix. And I had a good indicator of the service about a week after the sale. I went in to get a quart of oil because I was going on a long trip. They only had the oil in drums, so a guy found an empty Mobile One bottle and filled it with AC Dexos oil. No charge. I'll be back in about 2 months for the first tire rotation, we'll see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still don't understand why folks post on this board with dealership complaints, but don't share with us who those dealerships are. Just tell the whole story and let the world know which of these places don't do the job.
I am not so much interested in the actual dealership who fails the grade, but rather GM's purpose in wanting a customer to fill out a multiple choice rating of the dealer and not want honest answers. Apparently they downgrade the dealer, which costs the dealer money in bonus incentives, for answers less than 'completely satisfied' Not only is this unrealistic, it does nothiig to improve service/sales by the dealer. From the dealer's perspective, it's all about money from GM for the perfect scores on the CSS. Naming names is just sour grapes.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Naming names is just sour grapes.
I beg to differ. My reason for wanting folks to name bad (and good) service dealerships is not for sour grapes. It is so that others will have some information when they use dealerships. GM is not going to let the public know which dealership provide unsatisfactory service, unless they yank the franchise for it. I have seen that happen around here to multiple dealerships of various manufacturers, so they are using the surveys to monitor, and reward, them. If I lived in Tucson, I'd want to know how badly 'Cuda's dealer service department handled his work. I'd find another dealership in the area, or at least be really, really vigilant with them. If the dealership is begging you to fill out the survey with nothing but "Completely Satisfied" answers, or asking you to bring it in and fill it out together, I'd say that is a dealership in trouble. Red Flag. Been there, Done that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I beg to differ. My reason for wanting folks to name bad (and good) service dealerships is not for sour grapes. It is so that others will have some information when they use dealerships. GM is not going to let the public know which dealership provide unsatisfactory service, unless they yank the franchise for it. I have seen that happen around here to multiple dealerships of various manufacturers, so they are using the surveys to monitor, and reward, them. If I lived in Tucson, I'd want to know how badly 'Cuda's dealer service department handled his work. I'd find another dealership in the area, or at least be really, really vigilant with them. If the dealership is begging you to fill out the survey with nothing but "Completely Satisfied" answers, or asking you to bring it in and fill it out together, I'd say that is a dealership in trouble. Red Flag. Been there, Done that.
Agreed. But for my two cents, just fill out the **** form. Whether yout experience was good or bad, let GM know. I apologize for the service some of you are getting, but come to my dealership, and we'll gladly show you a filing cabinet FULL of positive reviews and page-long notes added to them complimenting our GM service. They will take care of it, those forms are used to better the service and aim for higher customer satisfaction. GM is trying to get out the hole they've been in, and to me, are doing a **** of a job so far. They will attempt to investigate and correct any issue that has become 'common' with that dealership via the CSS. I would know, we helped knocked off a Chevy dealer just north of me due to service and customer issues. But if some are going to just sit there and complain about how shitty GM has treated them and how their service was horrible, and not do anything about it, sell your Cruze, and go buy a FORD. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just recently filled out my survey and can tell you my buying experience was definitly not the greatest. The salesman that came out and greeted me told me up front he had no knowledge of the Cruze at all. Right there I should have walked away but I stayed and ended up leasing the cruze from him after 2 hours of back and forth with him and his supervisor. After I signed the lease and he gave me the keys came outside he asked if I wanted him to exPlain the car to me. I saId to him bit you already told me you have no knowledge about the car so what are you going to show me. He laughed and said you're right. I took the keys and drove off the lot. The dealership Is Cirle Chevrolet in Shrewsbury NJ. If you are lookin to buy a Chevy in this area do not go to that dealership they have no knowledge of chevys.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Autotekpro421, you said "but come to my dealership, and we'll gladly show you a filing cabinet FULL of positive reviews and page-long notes added to them complimenting our GM service."

And the name of your dealership is?......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.