Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Will Chevy offer a "Hot Hatch" Cruze?

7K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  EricSmit 
You also have to factor in this...

Everyone wants to have these cool features, a 100% distinct interior/exterior makeover than the rest of the trim levels, and a manual trans. When the car maker listens and makes it, nobody buys it. A company stays in business selling things that sell vs looks and sounds cool.

A fully loaded non fast gas Cruze Sedan here runs $32K before tax, title, tags, and that negative equity carried over from trade in. Now picture all that on a Fast Cruze Hatch, you just put yourself in the price rage of an AWD ATS or going to a different company altogether. The 2LT RS 6MT Cruze slowly deleted itself from the US market and then the whole trim level entirely in Gen 2 because it was an obsolete trim for the Cruze. A Premier with no extras is in the 2LT pricing range. People are bothered the Challenger is AWD in V6 only but who do you know will buy a V8 AWD Challenger?

We've covered this so much. hahaha. Won't happen. There is a Vauxhall Astra VXR that is a proper hot hatch, but it won't make its way here.

Out of curiosity, how much would that little guy cost if built there and shipped here? The Buick Casada is a bit up there in price being built over there and shipped here. I'm wondering if they would even give it a Chevy badge if it came this way, hypothetically.

http://www.simsgm.com/VehicleDetail...a-2dr_Conv_Sport_Touring-Euclid-OH/2933400863

dropping a the 2.0 in the cruze should cost much more if it fits. I bet the engine doesn't cost anymore than the 1.4t to build. all your paying for is horsepower which i don't understand why they charge so much for it. Put the bigger engine in it. Upgrade the suspension and maybe charge 2k more. it will sell. But again people may not buy however, the bigger issues is dealers won't stock them. That's the main reason manuals don't sale well is because the dealers are not stocking them so when you go buy a car and you need one you can't wait for the order. If don't have them in stock you can't sell them.
Depends on the area, nobody buys manuals here so they don't stock them. You want to see a salesman walk away from you here, ask them if they have a manual version on the lot for you to test drive. I don't have a Cruze because nobody stocked a manual and when I did find one it was an L Cruze. The only cool feature of that car over my old one was the radio works and back up camera. Everyone had a fit the SS was auto only then manuals came out and nobody buys them. Majority of the Vettes on the lot were also auto, even the ZL1 Camaros. After giving up on the manual Cruze it took me another 7 months to find my Accord after it bounced around a few dealerships. On paper my car has $800 between CVT and manual but I got way more than that off because they couldn't sell it. In 2018 Honda is deleting the manual and the V6 out of the Accord because the sales are all pretty much in the CVT 4 cyl trims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.