Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Will Chevy offer a "Hot Hatch" Cruze?

7K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  EricSmit 
#1 ·
Hi all, new member here! I've driven a Cruze since 2011 and it's been a dependable ride but there's no denying it's character: Chevy clearly aims to compete with the Corolla instead of a MazdaSpeed 3, VW GTI, or Focus ST. I'm moving on to a truck but if Chevy reads these forums I hope they realize how many Chevy enthusiasts want a fun to drive and relatively fuel-efficient FWD hatchback from a domestic automaker. Sure there is the Ford Focus but I want a hot hatch that doesn't break down all the time. I would be all over a 2.0 L Turbo I4 Ecotec Cruze Hatchback if it handled as almost as well as a GTI.

Does anyone else pine for a 270hp Hot Hatch Cruze?

Discussion starter · #4 · (Edited)
Holy Schnikes now that is what I'm talkin' about! Why won't GM sell such a car in the US? Do they really believe everyone wants to don a wife-beater t-shirt to drive around in a gas guzzling V8 muscle car that needs to be stored for the winter?

Discussion starter · #7 · (Edited)
emissions.
Nope, Ford sells the Focus ST and Focus RS right here in the USA. And a Hot Hatch Cruze would definitely get better mileage than a big-arsed Camaro. Tune it for high mileage under normal driving but high performance when pushed.

I believe Chevy would be surprised at how well a 250+hp Cruze hatchback would sell. I saw one today on the expressway and it has "all show no go" written all over the sporty exterior. Reminds me of how Pontiac used to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.