Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something that was brought up in the introductions subforum piqued my interest as I had complained about the slow transmission, not knowing that it adapts to how it is driven.

We just purchased a lightly used 2015 Cruze LTZ (A/T) and it was mentioned that it would have taken hundred or thousands of miles to learn the previous owners driving habits and make the necessary adjustments. And it will take more miles to unlearn how it was driven previously and relearn how it will be driven by us (my wife 90% of the time).

Will dealerships reset what it has learned so it can start fresh?

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Disconnect the battery for half an hour (full 30 minutes) and it will be reset.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Disconnect the battery for half an hour (full 30 minutes) and it will be reset.
Hey that's not what Robby just said, although I pretty much thought pulling the Battery would do a 'soft' reset. I'm sure any Dealer would be able to look into this request at their customary $105 per hour, not a Warranty item per se. The CRUZE transmission is not one of the top transmissions I've had, very passive to say the least?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Adaptive? Pffft. Good luck to my Cruze trying to figure out my driving habits, is all I gotta say.

In other words, anyone could get in my Cruze, from your great grandma to your 16 year old nephew, and it will behave the way they want it to.

I am all over the road. Figuratively speaking of course. ;)

·
10,712 Posts
Adaptive? Pffft. Good luck to my Cruze trying to figure out my driving habits, is all I gotta say.

In other words, anyone could get in my Cruze, from your great grandma to your 16 year old nephew, and it will behave the way they want it to.

Sounds like me a bit, Luckily the manual trans doesn't need to learn anything but to go into gear and stay there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Are you thinking it's not worth the effort?

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Are you thinking it's not worth the effort?
Probably not. Most "adaptive" throttle cars learn your driving style relatively quickly. The Cruze will learn it but it takes longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.