Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks perfect.My brother is a bodyman at a dealership.i will have him look at it.Monday it had to go to the body shop.The dealer that installed the fog lights broke on of the tabs that holds the front valance on the car right where it meets the fender then left the piece in the there casuing a slight bulge.you could see the broken peice,I about freaked out when I saw it before I took delivery of the car.Anyway I stopped by the body shop on my lunch hour the tech said he adjusted the drivers door.This was after I told the dealership it was the drivers rear door.so I will have to goof with it some more with masking tape until I find it then have them fix it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
looks perfect.My brother is a bodyman at a dealership.i will have him look at it.Monday it had to go to the body shop.The dealer that installed the fog lights broke on of the tabs that holds the front valance on the car right where it meets the fender then left the piece in the there casuing a slight bulge.you could see the broken peice,I about freaked out when I saw it before I took delivery of the car.Anyway I stopped by the body shop on my lunch hour the tech said he adjusted the drivers door.This was after I told the dealership it was the drivers rear door.so I will have to goof with it some more with masking tape until I find it then have them fix it.
Yeah masking tape will be your friend. That is exactly how Honda tells us to try and pinpoint those problems lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
bad455,

If you need any assistance while at the body shop, please do not hesitate to reach out. You can private message us your name, VIN, address, phone number, and name of the GM dealership you are working with. Either way, please keep us posted on this concern.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I have a bit of wind noise from my driver's front door at lower speeds, but I just attributed that to a characteristic of the car. It's not really noticable at highway speeds.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have taken my cruze to a dealership 3 times now and I keep getting the " could not replicate problem" maybe the fourth time they will do something per GM protocol. There is no way they are not hearing the wind noise in mine even if they have the radio and A C going, it's so loud! Went on a 600 mile trip with it, drove me nuts the whole way!

·
5,722 Posts
Hi toothless

I am sorry to hear that you have had to take your Cruze in multiple times for the same issue. Have you considered road testing your vehicle with the Service Adviser so you can demonstrate the concern you are experiencing. This way, before anyone exits the car, it is perfectly clear what you are referring to. You can request to do that with your dealership or I can call them for you. Please let me know by private message if you need my assistance.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Have mine scheduled for the 18th.I will repost with results
Hello bad455,

You have a scheduled dealer appointment with your Cruze on the 18th? Thanks for your willingness to provide results after your visit. I see my counterpart Erica Tiffany has already reached out to you. We can be contacted via private message if you ever would like to further discuss concerns or questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I am getting a lot of noise when driving at over 35 mph with the rear windows open. It it louder than the base of my Pionneer system at max volume. I will wait for your results before talking to my dealer as it is nothing major.

·
5,722 Posts
I am getting a lot of noise when driving at over 35 mph with the rear windows open. It it louder than the base of my Pionneer system at max volume. I will wait for your results before talking to my dealer as it is nothing major.
Hello gt_cristian,

I am sorry you are also experiencing wind noise in your vehicle. I see you are waiting to hear back from other forum members before you decide to bring your vehicle into a dealer. If you choose to work with the dealer in the near future and would like our assistance throughout the process, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
There are some really interesting air flow patterns in the Cruze when the rear windows open. These patterns actually lead to a drumming that can overpower the Cruze's stereo, base or premium. It doesn't take a lot of speed to generate this air flow/noise pattern so I'm not real surprised that even at 35 MPH you are overpowering the stereo. Try opening your front windows one or two inches to see if that eliminates the wind drumming.

·
Registered
234 Posts
^^^ That noise is horrible!!! If you crack a front window it will go away. It's like the air get trapped back there. It's fine when my dog has his head out the window but as soon as he gets back in, it feels like my ear drums are going to pop.

The other wind noise is weird on my car. I've adjusted my doors until I was blue in the face. Some days it would make the noise and other it won't. Same road and same speed even. I now just turn up the radio. As the saying goes. It must be the nature of the beast.

Sometimes I think its the mirrors causing the wind noise. If I had the time I'd love to take them off and go for a spin.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
There are some really interesting air flow patterns in the Cruze when the rear windows open. These patterns actually lead to a drumming that can overpower the Cruze's stereo, base or premium. It doesn't take a lot of speed to generate this air flow/noise pattern so I'm not real surprised that even at 35 MPH you are overpowering the stereo. Try opening your front windows one or two inches to see if that eliminates the wind drumming.
Perfect description obermd. It is way louder than the stereo but this is not the first car I have seen having this issue.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Another source of wind noise coming from behind you is the leading edge weather stripping on the back doors. When this comes loose you know it. I had to have both my weather strips glued in place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok I said I would report on the progress of my air noise.This was the third trip to the dealer.I believe they replaced the door seal this time.No difference what so ever.Im sure they didnt drive it after repair.They called and said it was done within about an hour after I dropped it off.I will call and schedule again.I am not sure what to do at this point.I dont want to be an ass about this.I own an auto repair business and I deal with these guys on a daily basis.But this needs to be fixed.Im sure if I repaired cars like this I wouldnt be in business anymore.I might have to give Jackie from customer a ring.If I knew how to PM that is.I will report back.......

·
5,722 Posts
Hi bag455

Sorry that you are still dealing with this frustrating issue. Send me the details and I will get to work on this. I will need your name, VIN, current mileage, the name of the dealership and contact info such as an email or a phone number. Click on Chevy Customer Care over on the left of my post and some options will pop up, select Private Message and send away. That's all you need to do. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my 2013 cruze. It was coming from the rear drivers door. Sounded like the window was open but it wasn't. Took it to my dealership and they put new weatherstripping but that didn't solve anything. Then the dealership decided to replace the stationary glass on the door and that fixed the problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 31 Posts