Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Window rain deflectors

12K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  chevrasaki 
#1 ·
I am the type of person who really does not like adding anything aftermarket to my car. But the rain deflectors seem like a good idea. That being said, the Weatheflector in channel product looks good in theory and I like the clean look. But the window closing issues have me concerned. The tape-on ones always seem like they are what they are...something stuck to your car and don't look asthetically that great but obviously work fine. My car is black so either style will blend in fine. I was wondering what you guys have and if the dark or light tinted are best from your experiences. I had done a search here but guess always look for more information. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
I have weathertech in channel window visors, I really like them. When I first installed it took a bit of tweaking and adjusting to get the front windows to close fully without the visor hindering things. This probably would not have been as bad if I had not installed the fronts in January, they now close fine. Mine are the dark tinted ones, I don't have any window tint but even these add a bit more shade in the car.

Yesterday I got in my car when it had been raining all morning, noticed I left my window down 1/2 inch. No water at all had gotten in the car. I really like if I stop for food when its raining and eat in my car I can have my windows all cracked and get no window fogging at all. Its also great i can now drive when raining and not have to use my defogger(AC running) just to keep my windows clear.

Only downside, they do at a tiny bit more wind noise when you have your window just cracked.

#5 ·
The in-channel looks great. But I heard the door, or actually window, frame actually bulges out a bit when the window is closed due to putting the deflector and window glass in the same channel. Any problems you have noticed appearance wise etc... with your car?

#6 ·
I have the weather techs ones they don't stick out much. It take a day or two for them to sit good and not bother the windows but took 5 mins to put in

#8 ·
I just got mine in last weekend and had them in in about 20 mins. Just have to make sure to watch where the tabs on the sides go. I don't have any probs with mine. The passenger window has a little squeak when getting all of the way closed but was fixed with a little silicone spray. I love mine. They are the avs in channel. It rained here today pretty hard and I was able to have my windows cracked and cool the cab and get the fog off the windshield without using the blower. I don't really notice any bulging with mine. Maybe a very little but nothing even really noticeable without really looking for it. Also like how they flow with the car instead of the out channel ones. They are a lot slimmer and look alot more speak IMO. I'll attach some pics. Hope they help!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
those pics look great man! ive been debating on whether or not to get them. the cars ive seen with them look reallyyyyy bad. however I don't believe they had the inline one.

#12 ·
I just put the Weathertech on our new GMC Terrain and they look great. They are very close to the body so they don't stick out much. They do add a bit of wind noise with the window all the way up though. Quality is top notch on these and they are easy to install. A little more expensive than the Lund/AVS but the quality is worth it to me. There is no bulging on the frame as the window would get pushed into the rubber seal a bit more. Get the dark tint, you won't be disappointed.

#13 ·
When looking on google images for window visors when I bought mine, I stumbled onto the picture at the link below. I don't condone hitting of kids, but this might be one of those instances a kid needs some common sense training.

Pretty sure thats NOT how they are suppose to be used, if your getting wet your windows down to far! LOL.
How to Install a Vent Visor - Vent Visor Installation Videos

#18 ·
I have the light smoked AVS in channel rain guards, they match the 35% tint I have perfectly and I think it looks amazing, I will get a picture later today and post it.

Reactions: Starks8
#22 ·
Glad I could help :D

#25 ·
I would say that touchless would be safe but I wouldn't trust the ones that beat your car up even without vents.

Reactions: Dennyps
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.