Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am wanting to tint the windows on my 2017 Premier sedan. I was quoted $349 for ceramic with a lifetime warranty. I am not sure if that is a hood price or not. I am waiting to hear back from two other shops.

What did you guys pay for your tints?

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Hey guys, I am wanting to tint the windows on my 2017 Premier sedan. I was quoted $349 for ceramic with a lifetime warranty. I am not sure if that is a hood price or not. I am waiting to hear back from two other shops.

What did you guys pay for your tints?

That seems like a decent price for ceramic, but not sure what comparable prices are in your area. I paid $189 for non-ceramic w/lifetime warranty in Cinti.

·
Super Moderator
7,812 Posts
Ceramic FTW!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$189 was their quote for a regular tint with a 3yr warranty. The ceramic has a lifetime warranty though. I'm not sure what other people around here pay. I am in Kansas.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Ceramic film is the highest quality of film (and most expensive) with a super high shatter resistance. Also; should not be dyed, as traditional films are.

How would a window tint help the window resist shattering when the tint is applied to the inside? Or are they talking about a window getting shattered from the inside?

OP, I paid ~$300 for ceramic here in the Seattle area.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
How would a window tint help the window resist shattering when the tint is applied to the inside? Or are they talking about a window getting shattered from the inside?
Tint film in general is supposed to help keep the glass together if/when broken, but ceramic is supposed to be better at doing so. Would act similar to a broken (not cracked) windshield.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.