Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to replace the linkage assembly in a 2012 Cruze LS today. The one I purchased said it fit my car, it looked the same, and all the bolts lined up to the correct locations. Now, I've noticed that the wipers, while functional, don't seem to cover as much of an arc as before when reattaching the arms using the small circles at the windshield bottom. Prior to this, the passenger side would cover more than a 90 degree arc, and the driver side would be right at 90. And, if I'm not too much mistaken, when I would shut them off, they used to do a small "reset" into the parked position, so to speak, with the original linkage. They cover enough of the windshield to make driving safe, but it's driving my OCD a little nuts. Just wondering what I did wrong.

I even made sure to run the wiper a few seconds before attaching the arms, just to make sure it went to the park position before reattaching.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I ordered these Blades from Wiper Blade USA and spent less than when I first had the Gas Station put in refills 30 years ago

PriceQuantityTotal
TRICO Universal Steel Frame Blades
CarId: (2397) 2014 Chevrolet Cruze DRIVER
$6.951$6.95
TRICO Universal Steel Frame Blades
CarId: (2397) 2014 Chevrolet Cruze PASSENGER
$6.951$6.95
Sub-Total:$13.90

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I had to replace the linkage assembly in a 2012 Cruze LS today. The one I purchased said it fit my car, it looked the same, and all the bolts lined up to the correct locations. Now, I've noticed that the wipers, while functional, don't seem to cover as much of an arc as before when reattaching the arms using the small circles at the windshield bottom. Prior to this, the passenger side would cover more than a 90 degree arc, and the driver side would be right at 90. And, if I'm not too much mistaken, when I would shut them off, they used to do a small "reset" into the parked position, so to speak, with the original linkage. They cover enough of the windshield to make driving safe, but it's driving my OCD a little nuts. Just wondering what I did wrong.

I even made sure to run the wiper a few seconds before attaching the arms, just to make sure it went to the park position before reattaching.
Your description indicates correct parts.....I'm wondering if you are one serration (at the pivots) off. The wipers should park just above the dots on the glass.
Add to this, your arms may have been one serration off from new and now, if correctly positioned, are following the arc they are supposed to.

Beyond pivot placement, I'm confident the parts you replaced are correct.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts