Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Winjet headlight aiming

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dawson060 
#1 ·
Hello,

I installed about a year ago some winjet projector headlamp assemblies. However, I have never been able to do vertical adjust on the aim for driver side -- the hole to reach in there is barely bigger than my index finger. Is there any tip/tool/technique to reach into such a space so I can actually see on the left side of my vehicle at night? This is starting to drive me crazy and I may just replace back to stock if I can't. The shop I had it installed at gave it a go and a shrug and said it wasn't really possible, but I'm sure there's some way to do it.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Will I need to remove the bumper? I should have asked the body shop to give it a go while it was in there for driver side fender and fascia, but there was poor communication there. That's a whole other story.

#2 ·
on the driver side, when i adjusted my lights i removed the windshield fluid fill pipe. it just pulls out. my aftermarket lights are made by "spyder "

#3 ·
Yeah, had to remove that as well as the actual cap/back of the lights. The fuse box gets in the way however.. tried a flexible extension, but that just ended up dropping bits left and right.. not sure what to do at this point. Was hoping there'd be a flexible tool with the bit built-in, because they keep falling out .. yay for flexibility and switching out, but that doesn't matter if the tool can't do what I need it to. Wires get in the way of approaching from the side rather than top.

#4 ·
When I installed my spyder lights my LED projector low beams were way to low so I also had to adjust them. It was an absolute pain in the but to get to the Up-Down adjustment nut on the driver side as the fuse box and windshield washer nozzle is in the way. You can remove the windshield washer funnel and that provides more room. Luckily my dad has a ton of tools I was able to find a really long ratchet with a small end to fit between the adjustment screw and the fuse block. I just had to take my time I had attempted the fix months ago but gave up and only recently went back to try again and I was successful just keep trying you can bend wiring harnesses out of the way too if needed. Make sure to not over tighten the adjustment screw or the adjustment system can fail and the light beam will drop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.