Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze Eco (auto)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently gifted a pair of Winjet projector style headlights. After install I have been having issues with them fogging up starting along the LED DRL. This happens every time not just during snow/rain. I do live in Northern Michigan and temperatures have been well below freezing. My intuition believes that because the headlights produce warm air, compared to the freezing outside air, that the condensation or fog is produced due to different air temperatures/humidity. I'm not sure if these headlights are vented or not. One person recommend that I use Goretex patches to let air in but if there aren't vents I would prefer to not have to drill into the housings. Now the condensation does go away after a night of cooling down. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues, or know of any vents Winjet has put on these housings.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,990 Posts
I was recently gifted a pair of Winjet projector style headlights. After install I have been having issues with them fogging up starting along the LED DRL. This happens every time not just during snow/rain. I do live in Northern Michigan and temperatures have been well below freezing. My intuition believes that because the headlights produce warm air, compared to the freezing outside air, that the condensation or fog is produced due to different air temperatures/humidity. I'm not sure if these headlights are vented or not. One person recommend that I use Goretex patches to let air in but if there aren't vents I would prefer to not have to drill into the housings. Now the condensation does go away after a night of cooling down. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues, or know of any vents Winjet has put on these housings.

Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

I still do not own a set, but a few people answered some questions for me not too long ago. Maybe you can ask them directly.

[h=1]Questions for Winjet owners[/h]
Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts