Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into picking up a set of winter tires for our 2013 Cruze RS. I was curious on the minimum tire diameter that clears the disc brakes? Also do you need to run the tire pressure sensors? It's a Canadian car if that makes any difference

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't think you can go below 17" wheel. TPMS if not used will fire up a annoying reminder your tire is flat. I bought the Pirelli snow tire for my winter work car, it is an amazing tire!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
16" wheels are the smallest that come on Cruzes.

I can't recall if the 15" steel wheels from the Sonic or new Cruze fit or not. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
99 Posts
When you don't have TPMS sensors, you get a "Check Tire Pressure Monitor System" error in the DIC when starting the car. Press reset on the turn signal stalk to clear it. Then the amber TPMS light in the speedometer stays on.

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts
also, from what I have read, the narrower the tire, the better when it comes to snow tires.
When it comes to navigating deep snow, yes, but when it comes to ice and packed snow, you want the additional tread. Make your tire purchase based on the conditions your vehicle will encounter most often. Where I am, it's always ice and packed snow. We don't get deep snow, so I don't buy deep snow tires (Firestone Winterforce, for example), and I buy them at the OEM tread width.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,913 Posts
The stock tire size (215/55R17, not sure if that's the same size for gasser '17s) on the stock diesel wheels, wrapped in Xi3s work out very well. Good mix of sidewall, width, without too much flex, or being too wide. Those tires handle wet/dry better than the stock Fuel Maxes, and are fantastic in snow.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.