Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

341 - 360 of 391 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
Smurfboard , Smurfboard , Smurfboard time òyear ..Ding Darn Yuckity yuck yuck and even more Yuckity yuck yuck .

Hey OB ours just melted !

JJ wheres your pics in the Smow ?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Winter Wonderland is a horse pulling a sleigh on salt free roads.

Should start a thread on Winter Nightmares.

Another winter nightmare is the city snowplow dumping all the snow on the road in my driveway, and they tell me, I am not allowed to pitch it back. If I don't get out there right away, will freeze as hard as a rock and have to use a pick to break it up. Not a snow removal service like they call it, but a snow moving service.

·
Administrator
25,108 Posts
That last photo....
Need a new neighbor?

Sent with iLove 6.0
I'd love for you to buy the house next to me - since the original owners who lived there in 95 sold it we've had nothing but trash there. My wife want's me to cut down the three pines on our yard and I pointed out that then we could see the trash.

The official snow fall for Denver this season has been 10 inches, but that's measured out at DIA, which is 52 miles from me.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Smurfboard , Smurfboard , Smurfboard time òyear ..Ding Darn Yuckity yuck yuck and even more Yuckity yuck yuck .

Hey OB ours just melted !

JJ wheres your pics in the Smow ?
None with the Cruzen in the snow, mine has lucked out and stayed safe in the garage so far. I'm sure that will change before long. Only winter pic I have so far is my dad's covered in frost while mine is tucked in the garage ;P

Here's one from behind my house though.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Administrator
25,108 Posts
None with the Cruzen in the snow, mine has lucked out and stayed safe in the garage so far. I'm sure that will change before long. Only winter pic I have so far is my dad's covered in frost while mine is tucked in the garage ;P

Here's one from behind my house though.

Sent with iLove 6.0
Sounds like you rule - your Cruze tucked in the garage staying nice and "warm" while your dad has to de-ice his. Love the picture behind your house.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Not much winter here(not that I want it)Saturday before thanksgiving we had 7" of snow but it was gone by thanksgiving and I was thankful!!!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Deer hunters sure didn't like our lack of snow, had to walk through mud, but the deer sure liked it. Sure wasn't like a couple of years ago, already had two feet of snow on the ground and really piled up at the edge of the driveway.

Suppose to get an inch tomorrow morning, but should melt off by noon. Ha, when I had kids living here, they could build their own garages.

·
Administrator
25,108 Posts
Four more inches during the Broncos game last night.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Sounds like you rule - your Cruze tucked in the garage staying nice and "warm" while your dad has to de-ice his. Love the picture behind your house.
Haha, well that makes me seem heartless! He was visiting for Thanksgiving. The other space in my garage is occupied by the non-running '53 :/

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Haha, well that makes me seem heartless! He was visiting for Thanksgiving. The other space in my garage is occupied by the non-running '53 :/

Sent with iLove 6.0
Ha, you are terrible like me, daughter came home for Thanksgiving, wasn't about to move my Supra out in the cold so her car would have a nice warm spot to sleep.

Cars do sleep, don't they?

·
Administrator
25,108 Posts
Ha, you are terrible like me, daughter came home for Thanksgiving, wasn't about to move my Supra out in the cold so her car would have a nice warm spot to sleep.

Cars do sleep, don't they?
The question is do they dream? I know Androids dream of electric sheep.

·
Registered
145 Posts
12586.jpg

Had about 1/2" of ice coating the vehicle after three hours of miserable ice pellets when I came home from Thanksgiving. Always sucks being out on the road the first day it gets slick because of crazy drivers.

On the plus side, I was very happy with the Bosch Icon wipers. They seem to be a bit better than the Trico beams I had last last season.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Curious on how the Cruze handles wintery road conditions? My wife is nervous and says she'd rather drive our Audi in the winter, I told her that FWD with traction control and stability control it should perform decently.

·
Administrator
25,108 Posts
Curious on how the Cruze handles wintery road conditions? My wife is nervous and says she'd rather drive our Audi in the winter, I told her that FWD with traction control and stability control it should perform decently.
No front wheel drive will handle slick conditions as well as an all wheel drive. That said, the Cruze, when equipped with good tires, handles fairly well in the winter. It's a heavy car which helps.

Also, let your wife drive the Audi. If you're nervous in winter conditions you're more likely to panic and make mistakes. Winter driving isn't nearly as forgiving of mistakes as summer driving.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No front wheel drive will handle slick conditions as well as an all wheel drive. That said, the Cruze, when equipped with good tires, handles fairly well in the winter. It's a heavy car which helps.

Also, let your wife drive the Audi. If you're nervous in winter conditions you're more likely to panic and make mistakes. Winter driving isn't nearly as forgiving of mistakes as summer driving.
I don't care what she drives, she probably just nervous because it has been quite a few years since she hasn't had an AWD vehicle to drive.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
And is a lot less expensive to repair if someone happens to come along that doesn't know how to drive in those conditions!

341 - 360 of 391 Posts