Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cold snap has wreaked havoc on my cruze. It's not as cold today as it was yesterday. Anyways my passenger side wiper arm doesn't move at all. By hand, I can easily slide up the wiper with no resistance. On the driver side you can't slide up the wiper as there is resistance. I even cleaned out all the snow and ice from the wiper arms. I don't think it's froze. It could be damaged from when it got stuck in the up position yesterday and I pushed it back down. Any thoughts here?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wiper transmission broke. You most likely broke it when you forced it back down. You may (this is a big maybe) be able to fix it. But you'd have to pull it apart and see what exactly broke. You'll most likely need a new one.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking I'm gonna take it to the local Chevy dealer as soon as I can. Supposed to get a foot more of snow so I don't know if I'll be able to make it out tomorrow or not. But this wiper thing is definitely a safety issue.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to get out and about this AM before the winter storm gets worse. The wiper transmission was bad. Parts & labor was $220 out the door.

I mentioned another issue at the dealer but that I will have to make an appointment for. My windshield on the inside keeps getting frosty and foggy. Turns out there is no air coming from the defroster vent on the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts