Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,675 Posts
I prefer the Bosch Icons. Pricey, but worth it.

Driver side is a 24", Passenger side is an 18".

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Opinions, opinions.......In my old age and experience of buying/trying, I suspect hundreds of blades over the years, I've still never been satisfied with anything except the factory originals.
Seems like nothing the aftermarket has ever fits 'quite right' or always looks kind of 'clunky' at the attachment point.
That and it seems like the aftermarket stuff never 'tracks' quite right to me......usually poor coverage at the blade ends.

I also replace blades every spring.

Opinions, opinions,

Rob

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
For the Cruze I recommend the OEM blades. I tried a couple of other brands that I'd had good luck with over the years and the OEM blades simply out performed them.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I went with the Cheap TRICO basic blades. Out here the Sun melts blades and replacement is suggested yearly. I'm upset though that I just learned WiperBladeUSA used Carid and they went up a buck

TRICO Universal Steel Frame Blades
CarId: (2397) 2014 Chevrolet Cruze DRIVER
$6.951$6.95
TRICO Universal Steel Frame Blades
CarId: (2397) 2014 Chevrolet Cruze PASSENGER
$6.951$6.95

·
Site Sponsor
102 Posts
For the Cruze I recommend the OEM blades. I tried a couple of other brands that I'd had good luck with over the years and the OEM blades simply out performed them.
Same! I installed some aftermarket blades on mine and took them off after a week. I have not been able to find a brand that is on par with the OEM ones.

Reactions: KenH

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
The original OEM blades on my Cruze fell apart after about a year. I replaced them with Bosch Icons, and I love them. They have been on the car for almost 3 years now and still work great. They also look much, much nicer than the OEM blades.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I had Bosch Icons on the Cruze until the other day. Worked very well for about 2 1/2 years. Switched to the Rain X Lattitude wipers and so far, I am quite satisfied with the product. They do have the Rain X formula in the blades themselves and are keeping my windshield quite nice during adverse weather.

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
I have the Rain X Latitude blades on my Cobalt and they're okay. They work great at first, but it was very noticeable that their performance trailed off quickly. I hardly, if ever, drive that car in the rain now, so it doesn't really matter too much.

Curious to know how the addition of the Rain X formula itself into the blade material will improve performance/life.

Reactions: 1988gmc355

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I ran two sets of one of the higher end Trico blades on the Cruze. They were alright. I would buy them again, but not if something better is out there.

My MKZ had Rain-X beam wipers on it, and they sucked. Two sets of those, barely lasting a year, and it couldn't even clean the windshield with fluid without smearing, and not the good kind of smearing - @jblackburn recommends. Like @MP81, I noticed the performance worsened quickly.

I recently put a set of Bosch Icons within the last month. I've only used them a couple times (been too cold to have wet stuff on the windshield), and I've been extremely impressed with the performance. Hopefully they continue to perform well over the long term, and if they do, they will be my go to.

I do use Rain-X treatment on the windshield too, and have for a while. I may not re-apply it as often as I should though.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I had the same issue with the Rain X blades on my truck. I have been happy with the varying grades of frame-less Bosch's, I just got some Anco's for my car from Rock Auto as I have run those in the past and have been happy.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I just replaced the original OEM drivers side blade over christmas on my 2013 cruze since that one wipes 2/3 of the windshield. It was too streaky and left too much glare when raining at night. Don't get me wrong the passenger side is streaky and needs to be replaced too.
What's the piece of angle on the wiper for, snow? The new one I bought at NAPA didn't have it.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Rain-X anything is stupid. Their washer fluid makes stupid wipers chatter unless you continually squirt it at the windshield, and it's hard to find stuff without it now.

Icons have been good to me, but they're pricey and wear out kinda quickly. My car lives under a pine tree, so that probably doesn't help their lifespan. The OEM blades on both of my Cruzes were replaced within months of me owning both of them.

What's the piece of angle on the wiper for, snow? The new one I bought at NAPA didn't have it.
It's a spoiler! Holds the big wiper to the glass @ highway speeds so it doesn't lift up and chatter. Adds +1 HP to the Cruzen as well.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
It's a spoiler! Holds the big wiper to the glass @ highway speeds so it doesn't lift up and chatter. Adds +1 HP to the Cruzen as well.
Beat me to it.

It actually unscrews from the frame, as well.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
The Rain X fluid makes stuff chatter? I thought my current Bosch blades are old and bad, maybe not...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts