Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 lt with 62k on it...not sure if this is a huge deal..and it’s actually done this the whole two years I’ve owned it but everyday, right at first start up, I pull out onto the road and the first shift is good then it jerks when going into second..EVERY TIME...just that one time. Every other shift into 2nd is fine for the rest of the day..but it happens every morning on my way to work. So I’m guessing somethings up with my 2nd gear? I just don’t get why it only does it that one time and everyday. It’s weird

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
My 2012 eco did the same thing...every morning.
Since machines don't repair themselves, I concluded that the second gear apply hydraulics likely bled some air into the system while sitting overnight.
The second gear shift purges the air and in so doing, makes for a one time harsh engagement. For the rest of the day, or really, as long as not parked much over about five hours, all upshifts were smooth from that first harsh shift.

I now have two Trax's......same engine and trans, a 2017 and 2018 that replaced a 2015 trax. None of these have displayed this condition.....hence my air bleed theory........one of 'that is the way it is' kinda things.

Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is it a bad thing or can I just deal with it forever? Def not trying to spend big money on a trans rebuild or anything

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I suspect it will never change......I just became rather light on the throttle to induce a early (and not so intense) first upshift.
If it was consistent with every 1/2 upshift it likely could be addressed successfully......but it doesn't, so the mechanic in me said to leave it alone.
Never had a problem.

Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool..one more question since you know about cars lol..is a camshaft cover different from the valve cover gasket?..because I had the camshaft cover replaced today and they said it wasn’t covered under warranty. But the valve cover gasket would have been. Been searching online and can’t find anything on camshaft covers..valve cover gaskets just keep coming up.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The cam cover is covered under powertrain......also known as a valve cover. Your dealer needs to polish up on their 'Policy and Procedures' guide.
When the dealer enters the part number of the cover it will show as a 'powertrain' component.

Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome man..I emailed GM today and they called my dealer and I got back my 266$ haha thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts