Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I just purchased a Cruze Hatchback Premier yesterday. Traded in my 2018 Sonic RS for it. So far I love it. But for whatever reason I can not get the wireless charger to work. I put my phone in the slot (S9+ no case) and it pops up on my radio screen for like 5 seconds and goes away and doesn't charge my phone. Anyone know why or if I'm doing someone wrong? Thanks for any tips or help!!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,879 Posts
Hmm. I have a S8 and mine works even through the case I have on it. Occasionally it has to be taken out and pushed back in firmly - there are little tabs in the rubber pocket that hold it in place at the bottom.

The back of the phone is facing the front of the car?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. I have a S8 and mine works even through the case I have on it. Occasionally it has to be taken out and pushed back in firmly - there are little tabs in the rubber pocket that hold it in place at the bottom.

The back of the phone is facing the front of the car?
Yes it is. I tried my brothers S8+ and my mom's S9 and the same thing happens.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What year is your car? Unless it is a 2019, the S9+(and S8+) are not compatible. Without updating the inductive charger.

The part number is 84526978 for the update kit, it's like $65 and is plug and play. The list of supported phones is available to look at on https://my.chevrolet.com/learn under the Bluetooth/internet/voice tab.
I see, my phone is too big. Lol. Is there a write up on how to swap them out? Thank you for the info, at least I know why now!

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,879 Posts
It's not that it's too big, it just uses a different wireless charging specification than the car. The car uses PMA charging, Qi spec is what Apples and many newer phones including your Samsung's use. So it needs the updated module to charge both.
At least they have an easy way to rectify that oversight. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not that it's too big, it just uses a different wireless charging specification than the car. The car uses PMA charging, Qi spec is what Apples and many newer phones including your Samsung's use. So it needs the updated module to charge both.
Ahh, good to know!
Do you happen to know if I'll have to pull the console or would it be super simple? Lol.

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.