Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have the Galaxy S8 and don't bother to do Qi charging in the car any more. The phone will over heat too easily and you will start getting the charge flower beep cycle. Also the USB-C cable to a decent car USB adapter charges much faster... and I haven't found a compatible quick Qi charger yet. Just takes a sec to plug in the USB-C and dock it to my iOttie Easy One Touch 3 car holder (awesome phone holder).

I don't use Android Auto as it locks out the phone and I use Waze over Google Maps. Can't do that with Android Auto yet. Noye great loss in my book, there is nothing compelling yet. I'll re-evaluate if/when Waze is supported.

-A

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seems like it might be time to re-evaluate. Waze just showed up in my Android Auto, in a very similar method of selection to the music apps. My compliant about it thus far is, unlike Google Maps, I can't figure out how to change it to just alerts, I don't need the turn by turn really.
Saw it and tried it out. Still not going to use it for the following reasons:
  • The required data port connection doesn't charge as quickly as the high power power plug-in USB adapter from Anker that I have. (biggest reason, not AA's fault)
  • The AA version doesn't seem to let me add stops (or I haven't figured it out yet)

I did find the option to turn off the turn by turn audio. Try tapping on the right of the current direction. I believe that it will give you an audio option where you can change to just an alert.

You phone should not be overheating in the wireless charged holder unless you are no using the A/c then i can see that happening. Even in the winter it pushed cold air into the slot where the phone is. I also question maybe there is a issue with your phone if its locking up using Android auto as its designed to use that.
The US diesel manual LT trim doesn't come with a Qi charger. The only Qi charger mount that I liked the fit of was not fast charge compatible and was mounted above the air vents on the dash so the cool air can't be directed to them. The USB-C connector will let me do fast charging and my iOttie Easy One Touch 3 let's me position the phone partially in a vent air stream. So I'm sticking with the cable charging.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.