Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cruze 1LT / Crystal Red Tint coat / All Factory Upgrades
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an OEM auto dimming rearview mirror for my 2012 Cruze. I've looked at other threads to install this mirror but have some questions. I know I need to add a +12V keyed signal into PIN 2 on the mirror harness. How do I add pins to the harness? I know I can use a fuse tap in the instrument panel block to get the 12 volts I just don't know how to add it into the PIN on the harness.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,462 Posts
I just purchased an OEM auto dimming rearview mirror for my 2012 Cruze. I've looked at other threads to install this mirror but have some questions. I know I need to add a +12V keyed signal into PIN 2 on the mirror harness. How do I add pins to the harness? I know I can use a fuse tap in the instrument panel block to get the 12 volts I just don't know how to add it into the PIN on the harness.
You can try and find them on Mouser.com or you could acquire a part of a harness for a Cruze and more than likely a million other cars and cut the connector open and pull a pin out and insert it into the harness and splice the wire to the one with the add-a-fuse on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can try and find them on Mouser.com or you could acquire a part of a harness for a Cruze and more than likely a million other cars and cut the connector open and pull a pin out and insert it into the harness and splice the wire to the one with the add-a-fuse on it.
I just got the mirror in and it has the little metal pins inside the harness already but how to do I add the wire into the back and get it to stay?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not understand your question. Take some pictures.
Ok will do but let me try to explain better. The connector to the rear view mirror is connector A10. it is a 10 pin connector. It has all the electrical feed except for pin 2. The clip on the mirror itself has all the pins installed that clips into connector A10 from the headliner. How do I install the wire (12+ V electrical feed) into pin 2 on the connector.

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts
Ok will do but let me try to explain better. The connector to the rear view mirror is connector A10. it is a 10 pin connector. It has all the electrical feed except for pin 2. The clip on the mirror itself has all the pins installed that clips into connector A10 from the headliner. How do I install the wire (12+ V electrical feed) into pin 2 on the connector.
After you locate the pin needed for the cable in the headliner (you need one female and one male to work, I understand you have the one in the mirror - not sure which is which at the moment) you connect a 10 ft piece of wire to the pin, insert it into the connector in /under the headliner and run it down to the fuse box, hiding it under the edge of the headliner and then the pillar garnish and then connect it to the add-a-fuse and plug it in. These are the rough instructions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After you locate the pin needed for the cable in the headliner (you need one female and one male to work, I understand you have the one in the mirror - not sure which is which at the moment) you connect a 10 ft piece of wire to the pin, insert it into the connector in /under the headliner and run it down to the fuse box, hiding it under the edge of the headliner and then the pillar garnish and then connect it to the add-a-fuse and plug it in. These are the rough instructions.

Ok and with the wire I insert into pin 2 is it just a stripped wire or does it have a specific clip to stay in place and what is it called and where can I get it?

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts
Ok and with the wire I insert into pin 2 is it just a stripped wire or does it have a specific clip to stay in place and what is it called and where can I get it?
As I said before, you can find the pin on Mouser.com or go to a junkyard and pull the same connector from a car, leaving some wire to solder to and then cut it open and remove the pin you need. As long as you do not damage the pin you want, it will insert into the plastic housing with no issues.

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts

These pictures are from a post with a similar need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts