Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, Hopefully someone can help me out?

couple days ago I drove my car and noticed a noise which sounds like its either comming from the driver side rear wheel or driver side front wheel. The noise is like a clicking sound (putting a playing card taped to a bicycle wheel) and it only happens when i accelerate, if I'm parked or at a red light nothing and also everytime I step on the brakes even slightly the noise goes away as soon as I let go of the brake it comes back.

when I have the windows up I do not hear any sounds, but once the windows are down I could hear it, also when I pass by a wall or cars it gets louder.

does anyone know what this could be?

i have a 2011 with 70,000 km

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help, I'm gonna test it out today just in case it is actually the problem, I did in fact change my cabin air filter 2 weeks ago about but the noise started 2-3 days ago, just curious I here the noise regardless if the ac is on or not would it matter?

if I have my windows up I dont hear the clickling sound or metal rubbing sound, once I put my windows down I here it and if I pass by a wall or cars it gets even louder, but only upon accelerating if I press the brakes the noise is gone or if I'm parked ect..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BrandoFisher117- Thanks alot , I will try it later on tonight, I got nothing to lose. hopefully its the reason so I could save a trip to GM and some $$ but if not ohh well guess I got no choice to get it checked.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunatly it wasn't the case, unless I re installed the cabin air filter wrong again haha, the noise is still their. I called my local GM dealership they said most likely the brakes something wrong with them but they can't tell without seeing the car (obviously). I just wanted to see if anyone dealt with the same problem so I could fix the problem myself before having to seek the dealership.

Thanks again, BrandoFisher117!!

does anyone else have any ideas what it could possibly be??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BrandoFisher117 = MOTM !!!!!!

I have a 2011 Ltz rs btw

I'm going to take a look at my brakes and check if their is anything stuck such as dirt, rock ect.. Hopefully it's the cause and a simple brake clean can solve it all. Ill also check to see if they need replacing or if their still in good shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.