Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I know this might sound funny, but check your cabin air filter to make sure its not making that ticking noise from the blower fan on your HVAC system. I had a ticking noise that I could only hear at random (sometimes under 50% throttle, sometimes cruising on the highway, ect). But I found here that the cabin air filter may be rubbing on the fan causing that ticking noise.

Perhaps you can play with the fan speeds to see if you can pinpoint it?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Essentially all you should have to do is remove the cabin air filter and re-seat it. As far as when the ticking is happening for you, mine was intermittent. Also, it did not matter that the AC was on or off. It was the blower fan hitting the cabin air filter, in my case.

As far as when the ticking is happening for you, I'm starting to think it may be from the engine bay...

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
BrandoFisher117- Thanks alot , I will try it later on tonight, I got nothing to lose. hopefully its the reason so I could save a trip to GM and some $$ but if not ohh well guess I got no choice to get it checked.
No problem at all! I wish I could help more. My knowledge of autos in general is pretty bare bones (if any :p).

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.