Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 1.8L Chevy Cruze with 76,000 miles. It has recently not been starting and when it does start, it idles rough and dies multiple times before finally starting and smoothing out and running fine. When running it runs great and drives great. I have noticed the lower the temperature the more trouble it has starting. I have replaced the battery, valve cover gasket, EVAP purge valve, and MAF sensor, while also taking off and cleaning the throttle body. I have checked the fuel pressure and listened to make sure the fuel pump is working. Cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing this problem.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
What does the Intake Air Temperature sensor read? Not the one on your dash either. What is the fuel pressure? How about the negative battery cable that seems to be a common problem with the earlier models.

An obd2 plug and free torque app on phone would have read those sensors you replaced before deciding to replace them. It'll also read fuel pressure. The evap is used for sucking fumes out of the gas tank. That's what it's original purpose was. It might be doing different things now.

Your problem sounds like a carburetor and the choke isn't closing. If the Air temp sensor reads warmer then it should be reading. The computer probably isn't running rich enough for cold starts. Or the fuel pump might not be pumping enough pressure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts