Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car should needed one, with only four 4" stock speakers and not a spot anywhere for anything larger.

View attachment 39745 View attachment 39753

Just inverted the spare tire, made a special bracket to hold it down and tossed in a hand wrench to remove the nut in the tire jack bag. With extra insulation on that drop down panel, acts like an infinite enclosure. Combined right and left channels into a amplifier, only 40 watts, but still enough to ruin my hearing with the volume all the all up. Tapped into the rear speakers, but had to run a power lead and ground from the stock radio that has a real power switch.

Posting this because I think this would work with the Cruze while still leaving room in the trunk for a six pack. Learned to live with a couple of 6 by 9's in my 04 Cavalier but also required an external amplifier. With that BCM radio had to find a spot in the stock radio that would switch on when the radio was switched on. Added a buffer transistor to that point to drive the relay in the power amplifier. Plus a couple of wires for ground and 12V. Always use a ground wire to avoid ground loops. 12 AWG is enough for me, still trying to save my ears.

Take this for what its worth, but just don't want to sacrifice what little space I have to carry stuff.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Nick, here's a woofer and subwoofer.

Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.