Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a sad forum accessed from the GM linked 'My Chevrolet' site. They claim to be the World's largest site for CRUZE information. It would be great if 'My Chevrolet' could link this forum in the Owners Community due to the shear volume of use?

[h=4]38 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)[/h]0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users (See full list)
Chevrolet Cruze Owners, Chevy Cruze Owners, Chevrolet Cruze Forum, Chevy Cruze Forum

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently Active Users
There are currently 7568 users online. 414 members and 7154 guests

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I joined that forum as well and havn't been there in two years. Tiffany, can you get the GM link to point here?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Just when I thought he couldn't get any funnier . He surprises me and does .

·
Registered
747 Posts
I can't even get the site to load. Did you inspire them to take it down?

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The site is fine, and for those of us with the Korean-built Cruzen it is quite useful, we don't have to wade through quite as many posts about failures that effect are US-built Cruzen only.
So you are saying that non American CRUZEs' are built to higher standards than the Lordstown plant? I know Korean auto workers on average make more money than their American counterparts. I would think many of the same parts would be used and the same issues might crop up as well?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yes, I am saying that the Korean-built Cruze does not have the same problems as the US-built Cruze. For that matter, neither does the Australian-built Cruze.

Two noticeable differences:
- The out-of-whack drum brakes, perhaps an easy target, because the drum brake equipped Cruze is only built in the US.
- The interior being flooded with the smell of anti-freeze.

Note that I am not claiming that there have been no problems with the Korean-built Cruze, just that there have been fewer, and less endemic.

Also remember the Cruze has been around in the world for longer than the US, at the time the other site was set up it was the largest Cruze site in the world!

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My last Car was Korean designed and the build quality was pretty solid. It was made in America with mostly American parts. With that said I have never smelled any anti freeze, and my Drum brakes are fine although I think they are horrible. Work well!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Yo Dawg , Eddy yer new car is Korean also . Honestly , the design is from Korea !

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Eddy, how high does your handbrake go before catching. It should just touch the center glove box cover when the cover is pulled forward. If it's higher your rear drums need adjusting.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eddy, how high does your handbrake go before catching. It should just touch the center glove box cover when the cover is pulled forward. If it's higher your rear drums need adjusting.
Oh no I'm not having brake problems Disc or Drum! I haven't driven a Drum brake car in years and that is why I said they feel horrible. They are solid and unlike another post, not soft at all. I do wish they were Disc brakes which I see is an upgrade on the CRUZE!

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I've driven both disc and drum and actually prefer the drums in the wet. Drum brakes will catch quicker than disc when they're soaked rain. My ECO MT (rear drums) will stop on a dime - I had to do this when I was cut off at 65 MPH.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts