Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cruze has been at the dealer since Wed. 2,300 miles on the car. Water pump leaking and swaybar link bushings being replaced. Just can't replace the bushings, Have to replace everything. If the car had 50,000 miles I could maybe understand, but 2,300 miles is bull.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Sorry to read this from a new owner . Good thing we get that Bumper to Bumper Warranty . I know man bad first indicator and all . I have had to have warranty work a few times already . happens to the Best of us from time to time .
Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes with your repairs !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm staying cool. Just disappointed. The good thing is that I'm really good friends with the service manager at the dealership and they put me in a brand new fully loaded equinox as my loaner.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Sometimes a car will come off the line with problems. It took three years to track down the two problems in my Montana. Hopefully you're experience will be more quickly resolved.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Once my water pump was replaced, I've had no other major problems that had to deal directly with my car.. Sure, my condensor had to be replaced, but, it wasn't GM's fault, for a rock, or whatever it was, flying up, hitting it, causing it to rupture. Its a design flaw for sure, and I think GM is starting to deal with it, with the lower grille shield they have been installing on some cars.

The smell issue is with almost all of these cars... I'm dealing with mine, as its the first fall/winter I've owned it. It could be coolant, or the greese that was used. I'm just dealing with it. May get a heavy charcoal cabin filter to help
keep the smell down, and then, get a few of those air freshner cans, and put in the glove box.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
newsguy99, take a look at the Coolant Odors and solutions thread in the Service area.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Cruze has been at the dealer since Wed. 2,300 miles on the car. Water pump leaking and swaybar link bushings being replaced. Just can't replace the bushings, Have to replace everything. If the car had 50,000 miles I could maybe understand, but 2,300 miles is bull.
if that is the worst you have ever been through with a car you are the luckiest person I've ever met. Stuff happens, don't let it get you down. The dealer will get it fixed up for you and you'll be good to go. In the scheme of things those are very minor defects (irritating I know). Don't let it sour you.

If it makes you feel better mine came with a bad oil pressure sensor, at 11 miles it was on a flatbed heading back tot he dealer. Haven't had a single problem since.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Mick is right. Please let me know if you need me to call the dealership or start a Service Request for you. I am very sorry that you had to deal with this situation. Private message is the best way to reach me.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the Cruze back the other day. Things replaced. Front axles, stabilizer bar and water pump. So for so good. Shocked all this was replaced with only 2300 miles on the car. Must have been a Monday or Friday build.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
With on 2K miles on the 2012 2LT, electric power steering went out, something about an erratic sensor code. Thought they were just going to replace that sensor, but replaced the entire power system assembly, new tie rod ends and all. Wanted to see the replacement, was a brand new unit shipped from Lordstown.

Memorized every nut, bolt, cable placement, etc, on the old one, and checked out the new installation, with putting a wrench on each bolt, all was done correctly. But found one push rivet missing, so went back and got that. With 21K on the car now, no further problems, well the windshield with bubbles in it.

Can bet that supplier of your water pump not only had to give GM a new one, but also pay for the consequential damages. Enough of those, and that vendor will go out of business.

Always checking my fluid levels, just have to open the hood and glance. But do need a rag for the oil.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you find the the leak or you get the A/C hi temp and irregular cooling fan speeds? Thats crazy for the stabilizer bar that soon. My car actually was built on a Monday, 4 days after my birthday.
None of the above. I was just smelling coolant.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I am really sorry that you had to deal with this situation. I am glad that it was able to be resolved. Please feel free to send me a private message in the future if you need assistance.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts
If this is your worst evar, how many have you owned and what were they?

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Always checking my fluid levels, just have to open the hood and glance. But do need a rag for the oil.
If you check the oil while the engine is cold you don't need a rag and the level is accurate. Some cars you have to remove the dipstick and re insert again to check otherwise the level can give a false low.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.