Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I found a brand new 14 diesel Cruze for 22250 is it worth it? I drive 80 miles round trip to work and home 5 days a week. I know this has been asked a lot and I have done my research but I felt the need to ask your opinion.

Premium Member
What options are on it? I picked up a used 14 that has everything but sunroof, foglights and nav for $18 with only 13k on the clock. I found the original bill of sale in the glove box and the previous owner paid 30K for it back in July of 13.

Super Moderator
Worth it. Just buy a GMPP to make sure that it continues to be a good buy.

You will drive this diesel far more than you think you will. So don't cheap out on the warranty mileage.

Premium Member
I believe there is a 4500 rebate on these. On top of that, they probably want to get it off their lot, so I would bet they would go down to invoice and split the holdback with you, plus share a couple coupons (dealers get these $500 coupons they can use at their discretion). Rough numbers, I can see them getting to $6K off very easily and $7K off with some pushing.

Registered
You should be able to get a better deal. Mine had an MSRP of $26,560 (only options were chrome side moulding, front/rear splash guards and Crystal Red Metallic paint). I paid $20,698 (plus fees). I don't think $20K OTD is realistic, but $20K plus fees certainly is.

BTW, certainly the best choice I made in regards to fuel economy. Took a 200-mile trip yesterday, 53.8 MPG average!

Edited to add: I bought mine at the end of June 2015.

Premium Member
Tell them you're trying to get as close to 20 as possible...and if they can't go down, ask them what they can do to at least make it a better deal (oil changes, car mats, etc). But 22k for a new diesel sounds like a great deal as is. Especially with your commute.

Registered
Man, oh man. These current selling prices make me want to cry:) I was an early adopter of the CTD and man did I pay for it. Would I do it again? Absolutely! But the thought of getting one of these for 22K is awesome. With a trade in (a good one), GM rewards and some special offer they were running at the time, I still paid through the nose. Ugh.

Premium Member
I paid 23945+ tax and fees for mine back in May 2013. This included 750 from USAA. MSRP 25695. I was about 26K even out the door.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 07 accord v6 that doesn't get very good mpg that I plan on trading in and I know I won't get the amount that I owe on it. But that happens I guess. My work situation won't be changing anytime soon and if it does it's only be further of a drive. I was leaning towards the Eco mt, but if I can get the diesel for a good price id rather do that. I forgot to mention I get a gm supplier discount as well.

Premium Member
I have a 07 accord v6 that doesn't get very good mpg that I plan on trading in and I know I won't get the amount that I owe on it. But that happens I guess. My work situation won't be changing anytime soon and if it does it's only be further of a drive. I was leaning towards the Eco mt, but if I can get the diesel for a good price id rather do that. I forgot to mention I get a gm supplier discount as well.
You won't regret getting the diesel. It's a great car. I usually have a short attention span with cars, but this one has captivated me and is my favorite car out of the 80 or so cars I have owned in my life.

If you can get kbb.com value for your car on trade in, 4500 rebate on top of supplier pricing, you should do very well.

Premium Member
The diesel, only comes in a 2LT option, btw. So you can only add the Nav, sunroof and the blind spot/cross traffic alert, and fogs. The rest is all standard. Leather heated seats and all.

Dealer here had like 4 and they took forever(not as long as that dealer near you) to sell or pawn off to another dealer. MSRP on a LTZ here is like $27K and $29K on the Diesel. Besides lordstown meets, haven't seen a diesel and the LTZ in the wild are usually Enterprise. MSRP's that high send people to the Malibu or other brands.

Talk em down as low as you can get.

Registered
paid 21.4k July 1st 2014, sticker was 26,700. Try for 20k!

BTW the ESP warr is 800 dealer cost. friends and family pay 100 over so that's 900. Ive head of some paying darn near 2Gs.

Registered
Yeah, the dealer I bought from wanted $2,000 for the ESP, I told him absolutely not going to happen. The drivetrain is already covered for 5/100, so the ESP is off the hook for the big stuff. Ended up getting it for $1100, I was good with that. He made it seem like he did me a huge favor and he was going to get fired for it, I didn't have the heart to tell him I used to work at a dealership and know the cost, plus remind him of the point or two he made on the financing...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts