Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I went in and talked to them, and they came down to 21400. And acted like he was a miracle worker getting me the 4500 discount. The gm supplier discount was 900. And they offered me 5k for my car. So after fees, taxes and roll over from my car it came out to be 29,449. So I ended up leaving and said "I'd think about it." Granted it wasn't a bad price, I wasn't happy with the amount they offered for my trade in.

Registered
They can do better, I got a nearly $1500 discount on top of the $4500 in rebates. Your $900 supplier discount should even be on top of that since GM reimburses just like rebates. Are there any chargeable options on this? Or is it just the base diesel? If there are no upgrades you should be closer to $20K plus fees, maybe even slightly under $20K.

I went to a dealer 120 miles from my home to get my deal, maybe expand your search. Look on Auto Trader for 2014 Cruzes, they all have the same rebate. I negotiated most of the deal over the phone so I didn't waste my time, they just had to look at the trade when I got there.

Registered
It also has the Pioneer sound system. That looks like a good deal, plus your $900 off.

Registered
Sounds like you're in a pickle with the trade-in. Still need to work on price but at this point the dealer could take 10k off and still screw you on trade, financing, and insurance.

So after you get them down to 20k, Keep an eye on the APR and I'd deff. get GAP ins!!! Just for comparison Capitol One offered 1.45% on a 5yr loan and I paid 250 for the GAP(again 100 over cost) So shop your rates before hand

Registered
I have a 07 accord v6 that doesn't get very good mpg that I plan on trading in and I know I won't get the amount that I owe on it. But that happens I guess. My work situation won't be changing anytime soon and if it does it's only be further of a drive. I was leaning towards the Eco mt, but if I can get the diesel for a good price id rather do that. I forgot to mention I get a gm supplier discount as well.
My TL "S" got 27-30 on the FWY and I was always in the fast lane. If you drive the diesel hard, it's only going to get you 35mpg on HWY. Maybe time to reconsider, throw some headers on that V6 and wax it up

Premium Member
Not sure where you are located but this might be a better deal, I thought about this one and passed on it, so maybe someone in the forum can benefit. It is a 2015 Cruze Diesel in Ottumwa, Iowa at a Chevrolet dealer. It is white listed for 27,820 it is brand new, they are selling for $20,692 plus a modest dealer fee. they tagged the car and it is 25% of list price. the only catch is the warranty started on 6/1/15. Ask for Curtis he is a really nice guy. They were VERY fair on trying to trade for my 14 Eco 6 Speed. The options are sun roof and sound package, that's it. It is a great deal in my opinion. Hope someone can benefit.

Registered
I think 35 on the highway is pretty conservative. We get 35 average with a heavy mix of stop and go traffic commuting in Dallas. I drove to Oklahoma City a few weeks ago and averaged 47mpg at 75-78mph when headed north and 44 on the return home.

We traded a 2012 1lt 6mt Cruze for our diesel. Hands down the diesel is my preference. The 1lt doesn't do as good as the Eco 1.4t, but even with the shorter gears, I always felt that the car was underpowered. We put about 25k per year on our vehicles.

We frequently go to St. Louis, and I've not owned another vehicle that would make the entire trip without filling up.

Registered
I think 35 on the highway is pretty conservative. We get 35 average with a heavy mix of stop and go traffic commuting in Dallas. I drove to Oklahoma City a few weeks ago and averaged 47mpg at 75-78mph when headed north and 44 on the return home.

We traded a 2012 1lt 6mt Cruze for our diesel. Hands down the diesel is my preference. The 1lt doesn't do as good as the Eco 1.4t, but even with the shorter gears, I always felt that the car was underpowered. We put about 25k per year on our vehicles.

We frequently go to St. Louis, and I've not owned another vehicle that would make the entire trip without filling up.
Don't get me wrong, LOVE the TD! but the raw power comes at a price eco. If the Honda's getting say under 25 there's areason and ts probably spiried diving. My 50 mile avg is 34mpg and high is 59. my commute was 100 miles open FWY.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
As a matter of fact yes I've been getting below 25. And FYI my driving habits are pretty decent. Check fuelly yourself for a 07 Honda Accord v6 4 door.

Registered
My TL "S" got 27-30 on the FWY and I was always in the fast lane. If you drive the diesel hard, it's only going to get you 35mpg on HWY. Maybe time to reconsider, throw some headers on that V6 and wax it up
I drive 75-80mph in the fast lane most all the commute and get 43-45mpg. You must have a lot of stop and go traffic. To get 35 id havr to be rollin 90+

Premium Member
The only catch is the warranty started on 6/1/15. Ask for Curtis he is a really nice guy.
Brand new cars with the warranties that have already started, are generally some kind of Demo car. The GM dealer, I used to work at, got the California State Fair cars, directly in from GM. When they get done demoing the cars, there are huge discounts on these cars, and not to mention, huge paychecks for the salesman. These usually have thousands of dollars in them, since GM owns them directly. The easy way to tell the cars we had on the lot that were State Fair cars, were, in the corner of the Monroney (window sticker) will say "General Motors" versus the name of the dealership. This should probably be true, if this is what happened with this car. If thats the case, there are a lot of room for the dealers to move in this car. Downfall, they've seen a lot of seat time, and may have some slight damage, so look closely.

Premium Member
Brand new cars with the warranties that have already started, are generally some kind of Demo car. The GM dealer, I used to work at, got the California State Fair cars, directly in from GM. When they get done demoing the cars, there are huge discounts on these cars, and not to mention, huge paychecks for the salesman. These usually have thousands of dollars in them, since GM owns them directly. The easy way to tell the cars we had on the lot that were State Fair cars, were, in the corner of the Monroney (window sticker) will say "General Motors" versus the name of the dealership. This should probably be true, if this is what happened with this car. If thats the case, there are a lot of room for the dealers to move in this car. Downfall, they've seen a lot of seat time, and may have some slight damage, so look closely.
I can appreciate what your experience has been with demos. This car is NOT a demo car. It is exactly as I described it. It is probably the best deal based on price and condition for a 2015 Cruze diesel in the country.

Sounds like you're in a pickle with the trade-in. Still need to work on price but at this point the dealer could take 10k off and still screw you on trade, financing, and insurance.

So after you get them down to 20k, Keep an eye on the APR and I'd deff. get GAP ins!!! Just for comparison Capitol One offered 1.45% on a 5yr loan and I paid 250 for the GAP(again 100 over cost) So shop your rates before hand
Careful of Capital One, spam calls near the due date. Glad I got my car paid off from them. Cruze is under Ally.

Premium Member
I can appreciate what your experience has been with demos. This car is NOT a demo car. It is exactly as I described it. It is probably the best deal based on price and condition for a 2015 Cruze diesel in the country.
Demo cars don't necessarily mean, they were actually demoed. In fact the Cruze diesel that went to the state fair, had 24 miles on it and was just parked and not driven. Seems weird to me that the warranty has started, already. There has to be a reason. Warranties don't just start because the car has been sitting on the lot. Something has to activate it. It could be a roll back.

Premium Member
Demo cars don't necessarily mean, they were actually demoed. In fact the Cruze diesel that went to the state fair, had 24 miles on it and was just parked and not driven. Seems weird to me that the warranty has started, already. There has to be a reason. Warranties don't just start because the car has been sitting on the lot. Something has to activate it. It could be a roll back.
I spoke with this dealer several times and asked many questions, this isn't my first rodeo. Just as I stated Memorial Day sale 25% off of MSRP on this car on a NEW diesel. The sale ends and the dealer was able to TAG the car on 6/1/15 and keep the sale price until the car sells. I have a brother that bought a Chevrolet truck exactly the same way. If you are so skeptical just call the dealer and you will find I know what the **** I am talking about. I will admit it is unusual but that is what they told me and they have no reason to lie to me. People on here are buying 2014 for about the same as a deal on a 2015. If you are somewhat near Iowa this is a better deal. I don't know what internally they call this type of deal, if it is demo with 10 miles, who the heck cares, it's a good deal for the right buyer. Current incentives in my zip code is a whopping 1000 dollar rebate. This is equivalent to GMS price and a $5000 rebate. And everyone gets this price, don't have to be a gm employee retiree or family member.

Registered
VEHICLE
Vehicle: 2014 CHEVROLET CRUZE 1PY69 4dr Sdn Diesel AT
Stock #: E7192318
VIN: 1G1P75SZ9E7192318
Miles: 15
PURCHASE OPTION
Vehicle Price:$27,650.00
AutoNation Savings:-$2,076.00
Customer Rebate:-$5,530.00
Vehicle Selling Price:$20,044.00
Sales Tax (estimate):+$1,582.75