Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can automatic shift points be altered through EFI Live tuning software? I've asked BNR to change the WOT shifts points, while in Drive, down to 5500rpms, since my dyno results show that the power starts to decline after that. However, the latest e-tune revision did not include this change. Before I keep on bugging them about this, I'd like to see if anyone in here knows if it's something that can be done or if I need to stop requesting for that change. I've seen it done using other P&P tuning devices but I'm not sure about EFI Live. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did and he only leaned out the afr and advanced the ignition timing. I replied back with a log for him to review after loading the "BNR Race" tune. I also asked them again about the shift points since it still tries to rev beyond 6k while in drive. Now that I know it can be done; I'll ask again if they don't reply back with a change. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Despite the power going down after 5,5k rpm, you still have added torque from a lower gear.
You'd only lower performance by doing so.

The gear shifts at WOT are very well programmed.
Sorry, but you're wrong about that when it comes to my particular setup. My quickest time was achieved shifting at 5500rpms (15.0). My quickest time, if I let the transmission shift automatically, around 6200-6300 rpms, was a 15.3. I made 2 passes in "D". I made a pass shifting at 5800 and another pass shifting at 6000. They were both 15.2s. All 5 passes had similar 2.2 60fts as well. If I have the desire to take the rpms further than 5500rpms, I will place the transmission over into the manual shift mode. But I want my WOT shift points, while in drive, to be set at 5500. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: dtuerk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts