Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
TRIFECTA is pleased to announce our final Black Friday deals for 2015!
From 8:00PM Friday through 11:59PM Friday, the following pricing will be in effect:
Cruze 1.4T Advantage: $248...
------------------
Sonic 1.4T Advantage: $248
------------------
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!

www.wot-tuning.com
Thanks. Dumb question, do I need to purchase the E-Z Flash Cable?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Time is running out, I'm guessing hes going to do a 1 hour sale.....see whos still paying attention.
Do you know if you need to buy the flash cable as well? Believe it or not, I have a USB to OBDII at work. I can read my CAN bus, but I don't want to take a chance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks. Dumb question, do I need to purchase the E-Z Flash Cable?
Based on the price of the cable, I'm guessing that it has to be purchased separately.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
TRIFECTA is pleased to announce our final Black Friday deals for 2015!
From 8:00PM Friday through 11:59PM Friday, the following pricing will be in effect:
Cruze 1.4T Advantage: $248...
------------------
Sonic 1.4T Advantage: $248
------------------
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!

www.wot-tuning.com
Just ordered mine. Thanks for the update. It may not be a $100 off, but $50 is still a bargain because the base for price for what you get in the Advantage Tune itself is a bargain. Considering the amount development time it takes to calibrate and then the verification and validation. I do embedded software (I work for tier one supplier to global OEMs) we typically have 36 months development time.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Just ordered mine. Thanks for the update. It may not be a $100 off, but $50 is still a bargain because the base for price for what you get in the Advantage Tune itself is a bargain. Considering the amount development time it takes to calibrate and then the verification and validation. I do embedded software (I work for tier one supplier to global OEMs) we typically have 36 months development time.
Not a problem! Thanks for the purchase!

Glad to meet someone that understands what we do. We actually replace with stock OS with our own so that we can do everything that we do as far as the feature set goes. Our engineers actually reverse-engineer the entire ECM and TCM, as opposed to other companies that simply unlock the primary tables needed for tuning, so we can ensure a proper validated calibration can be achieved...plus add all our features as well ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Not a problem! Thanks for the purchase!

Glad to meet someone that understands what we do. We actually replace with stock OS with our own so that we can do everything that we do as far as the feature set goes. Our engineers actually reverse-engineer the entire ECM and TCM, as opposed to other companies that simply unlock the primary tables needed for tuning, so we can ensure a proper validated calibration can be achieved...plus add all our features as well ;)
I happen to know of another aftermarket companies process for "reverse engineering" and the way they do it may be standard, but they DON'T modify the OS or operating software. I mean changing calibration is one thing, but to change the actual code. It's easy enough to introduce a bug into software that you are responsible for and know inside and out. But to touch code that was written by someone else, especially code as complex as engine control software, the engineers at Trifecta have to be top notch guys. I worked at Ford doing device driver for the injectors as well as other components of the fuel subsystem. This was about 1/50th of code and I worked on it full time. The fuel, spark and engine position software is the most complex portion of the OS, minus electronic throttle control, in my opinion.

Have a happy holiday.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts