Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after my wife came home today my 6 year old son came into the house and and said papa there is a noise coming from the car. Needless to say I was very proud of him that he pays attention to that at 6 years old. At any rate there was a loud whine with the engine off and then the whine went away when the engine cooled down which to me means that the fan is not working or is frozen. I immediately called my local Chevy dealer to schedule an appointment they can fit me in next Tuesday at 11:30. Should I be concerned driving the car until then? I am thinking about going in on Saturday and asking for a loaner car this is a 2014 with 11,000 miles on it. the weather right now is very cool highs in the 40s 50s lows in the upper 30s low 40's.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The Cruze does whine some after the engine is turned off. Normally it's not very loud though.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Fan works fine.

This is the AC compressor making the noise - they all do it. Was probably running if defrost was turned on.

There's a TSB out for a software update to make them stop making the noise.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ohhh ok thanks fellas I never noticed it before even in summer. Just always noticed the fan on for a bit after shut down. Thanks for the heads up. I'll still go in on Tuesday just to verify. Might as well I suppose. My marathon road trip balls out to okc is in a month so gotta make sure all is good.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like this forum a lot of knowledge in here and people are always fast to respond. I wish I can contribute more but not many people need help fixing an instrument landing system or a VOR. All I'm really good at is reading other people's thoughts in here and making smart a$$ comments when people talk about their DIC

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I really like this forum a lot of knowledge in here and people are always fast to respond. I wish I can contribute more but not many people need help fixing an instrument landing system or a VOR. All I'm really good at is reading other people's thoughts in here and making smart a$$ comments when people talk about their DIC
NickD might need assistance with his ILS. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts