Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I own a Sonic and am on SOF, but I figured there are a few more people here than SOF with HP Tuners.

I bought my car a couple months ago and almost immediately got the Trifecta tune. To be honest, I am not really satisfied with the throttle mapping, or the fact that I have KR, and their response was "well we can reduce the sensitivity of the sensor if you really want".

Anyways, long story short, I am wondering, for someone who has no experience tuning, but moderate knowledge of ICE engines...those of you who made the change from Trifecta to HPT, was it worth it? My tune was for a stock car, and I have now added the MPFab intake and ZZP Catback, along with a ported intake manifold.

·
Registered
354 Posts
SOF has more HP tuned forsure.

I went from trifecta to hp tuners back to trifecta. My reasoning was trifecta ECP or enhanced charge prediction is the only complete (speed density style tune) out there. I made something close with hp tuners, but without the OS patch from trifecta i would never have working cruise control.

I used what i learned from hp tuners to give trifecta specific instructions on what to change. Which was ECP tune made for stock turbo. remove p0420 (calculated expected cat temp not in range of cat sensor) Cause my 3 in dp and cat. removed p0299 for that turbo lag on the bigger turbo. No lift shift enabled to keep that large turbo spooled. And i got them to do my throttle torque request tables to my tables. Trifecta tune has was to aggressive throttle request tables.

As for fueling ECP corrects better for the turbo and ported intake manifold then any fuel or VE adjustment. You may add some to power enrichment for that extra bit of fuel on WOT.

Our ECU's have "fake knock" that reads over 5500 rpm or something, it will add FN regardless. Water meth removed all my knock, but i still got the fake knock alot in the high rpms. I won't bother removing it.

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
Hi guys. I own a Sonic and am on SOF, but I figured there are a few more people here than SOF with HP Tuners.

I bought my car a couple months ago and almost immediately got the Trifecta tune. To be honest, I am not really satisfied with the throttle mapping, or the fact that I have KR, and their response was "well we can reduce the sensitivity of the sensor if you really want".

Anyways, long story short, I am wondering, for someone who has no experience tuning, but moderate knowledge of ICE engines...those of you who made the change from Trifecta to HPT, was it worth it? My tune was for a stock car, and I have now added the MPFab intake and ZZP Catback, along with a ported intake manifold.
It is not the tuning method, but the tuner that is important. No offense, but if you're here asking these questions, you shouldn't be even considering attempting to tune your own car. Many have tried and most have failed at doing a proper job, and I'm talking about tuners and performance shops, not individuals. I've seen more bad HPT tunes than I've seen good ones. Unless you have an intimate understanding of this ECU, I wouldn't even think about attempting it. This isn't an L67 or LS1. You can't approach power/boost the same way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
SOF has more HP tuned forsure.

I went from trifecta to hp tuners back to trifecta. My reasoning was trifecta ECP or enhanced charge prediction is the only complete (speed density style tune) out there. I made something close with hp tuners, but without the OS patch from trifecta i would never have working cruise control.

I used what i learned from hp tuners to give trifecta specific instructions on what to change. Which was ECP tune made for stock turbo. remove p0420 (calculated expected cat temp not in range of cat sensor) Cause my 3 in dp and cat. removed p0299 for that turbo lag on the bigger turbo. No lift shift enabled to keep that large turbo spooled. And i got them to do my throttle torque request tables to my tables. Trifecta tune has was to aggressive throttle request tables.

As for fueling ECP corrects better for the turbo and ported intake manifold then any fuel or VE adjustment. You may add some to power enrichment for that extra bit of fuel on WOT.

Our ECU's have "fake knock" that reads over 5500 rpm or something, it will add FN regardless. Water meth removed all my knock, but i still got the fake knock alot in the high rpms. I won't bother removing it.
I have a 1.4 T in standalone mode powering a 1420 pound autocross car. I'd love to see your dyno print out.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased stage 2 computer chip from KASA 905 Park Ave Suite 200, Minneaolis,MN,55404. I installed it and noticed an improvement, then I received an Oxygen sensor chip, after installing this there was a marked improvement in performance, so much I had to move up in octane to 89, performance and mileage is great. When driving at 1500rpms cruzing in 6 gear the mileage per gallon is usually ranging about the same as my speed, that's arround town, my average is 26.8, according to the car readout.
jimscozz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts