Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Showing some interest in the Malibu, tad more room, and sure improving the fuel economy. But for some strange reason, don't ask my why, don't care for the name.

Maybe I could rename it Super Special Deluxe, did like that name on a 1941 Chevy, did have one of these. Could brag to my peers, they only had a Special Deluxe.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
Showing some interest in the Malibu, tad more room, and sure improving the fuel economy. But for some strange reason, don't ask my why, don't care for the name.

Maybe I could rename it Super Special Deluxe, did like that name on a 1941 Chevy, did have one of these. Could brag to my peers, they only had a Special Deluxe.
NickD,

Memorable automobile names are few and far between and, personally, I always thought Malibu was one of the better ones. Of course when I think Malibu, the pleasure center in my brain is lit up with thoughts of mid to late 1960's classic Malibus. A catchy name that promises dreams fulfilled always beats a soulless alphanumeric designation.

BTW, sure hope you're talking the 2016 Malibu which gets its' world reveal on April 1st. The current Malibu is an an unloved lame duck with no future, no passion and terrible residuals.

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Super Special Deluxe

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Not gonna lie. Before getting in my new Malibu, they tried getting me in to a Cruze. The Cruze name is just not appealing to me and I didn't even want to look at one. Ironically, I ended my lease early with my Malibu so I could get into my Cruze now. Lol. The Cruze name still seems kinda cheesy to me, personally, but I love my car and am very happy I got one.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Malibu brings to mind Barbie. I always thought Chevette was a dumb name. Camao means crayfish (an animal that moves backwards) in some foreign language. But, no, the name wouldn't influence the purchase decision.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use to like those LS, LX, LXT names, where did 2LT come from? But a Cruze LS without cruise certainly seems to be a contradiction in terms.

How about an Ultra Super Exponential Special Deluxe?

Gee, if I only was born with an IQ of less than two, could have been in marketing. But was born with an IQ of three, so became an engineer.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
ThunderCougarFalconBird!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like the Malibu name. Malibu is a beautiful beach community in southern California. The Malibu name was first used by Chevrolet over 50 years ago and has been a trim level or model in the lineup (except for about a 15 year gap in the 1980s/1990s) since.

A model name in the current Chevrolet lineup I don't care for is "SS." SS is s trim level, not a model name. I think they should've gone with something like Chevelle SS or some other name with the SS. I also don't like "Impala Limited" for the fleet Impala. It's too bad they didn't use a completely different name to give it more separation from the retail Impala.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I always associate Camaro, Jeep, Mustang and Dodge and Dart with white trash. So idk if it's the names exactly, but their reputations.

As for Malibu what's not to like?!

"..But when we're riding in my Malibu, it's easy to get right next to you."

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I could never own a Kia Soul. To get rid of it would be selling my Soul.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, it would, but I don't think the Malibu is a bad name. I owned a 2002 Malibu before the Cruze. It doesn't look like it's name, though.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Nissan Cube - definitely truth in advertising. I am so glad the "cube" look fad has passed.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I don't care what you call it, but it should have "Crusilator Ventiports" on the fenders.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Use to like those LS, LX, LXT names, where did 2LT come from? But a Cruze LS without cruise certainly seems to be a contradiction in terms.

How about an Ultra Super Exponential Special Deluxe?

Gee, if I only was born with an IQ of less than two, could have been in marketing. But was born with an IQ of three, so became an engineer.
Ha Ha you are so right. I bought a new Cruze LS a couple months ago. Half way through the test drive I was like "Wha? No cruise control?" I mean it's not like the car is stripped. It has a nice radio, keyless entry, power windows, etc. Just no cruise control which is so strange. I bought it anyway - I like the car and the price sealed the deal.

·
Registered
713 Posts

I felt the same way about the Cruze name. I literally got nauseous when it was announced. I liked the name of my Cobalt and wanted them to keep the name. If they were going to change it I favored Nova.
Cruze sounded like something the Village People would name a car. I got used to it, still don't like it though

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Wow really? Sometimes I just say "yeah it's a stupid name but a nice car"

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Just add a letter to the insignia ! a T . a N , an R .. wallah cruzet, crųzen , cruzer .. how about a K , cruzek ..

I went with cruzen ,,,..,,, IT .........

Reactions: steve333

·
Registered
274 Posts

I know what you mean Nick. That's the very reason I could never buy a Bugatti Veyron. I ask you...who the heck names their car "Veyron"?

I'm sure it turns off a lot of potential buyers like me.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I always associate Camaro, Jeep, Mustang and Dodge and Dart with white trash. So idk if it's the names exactly, but their reputations.

As for Malibu what's not to like?!

"..But when we're riding in my Malibu, it's easy to get right next to you."

Sent with iLove 6.0

Owwww!

But I like my Camaro.....and my Jeep.......and the tax man doesn't seem to think I'm poor......the rest of the definition......I dunno.......I am white....can't change that......so, the trash part......well, if it comes with those two cars I guess I can live with it.....cause I'm not selling them.

Heh heh,
Rob

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
I like the Malibu name. Malibu is a beautiful beach community in southern California. The Malibu name was first used by Chevrolet over 50 years ago and has been a trim level or model in the lineup (except for about a 15 year gap in the 1980s/1990s) since.
Ditto here. Malibu is a beautiful classic Chevrolet name and I just hope the soon-to-be-introduced 2016 Malibu lives up to the name's promise.

Maybe it's the part of the USA where a person grows up JJ, but in my neck of the woods Camaro, Jeep, Mustang and Dart were vehicles driven by good solid middle-class Americans. Salt of the Earth people, one and all.

( Disclaimer: This excludes Sergio Marchionne's FIAT-engineered lame excuse for a Dart. :( )

ThunderCougarFalconBird!
Whay not the classic Ford Firebird? Also know as the Ford Pinto.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Eh. It's an ok name. Some generations are better than others.

As for the name:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts