Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would surely ruin your day Transport Asphalt Mode of transport Vehicle Road surface
I was on the Express bus home heading North this was Southbound. Pick up truck rear ends a Travel trailer and goes thru it. Needless to say it closed south I 75. 2 people in pickup truck hurt and air cared to hospital

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,535 Posts
This would surely ruin your day View attachment 165058 I was on the Express bus home heading North this was Southbound. Pick up truck rear ends a Travel trailer and goes thru it. Needless to say it closed south I 75. 2 people in pickup truck hurt and air cared to hospital
Ouch! Hope everyone is ok.

There was a Honda CRV flipped on its side across 2 lanes of traffic here the other day, and about 4 other cars behind it that had rear-ended each other.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
This would surely ruin your day View attachment 165058 I was on the Express bus home heading North this was Southbound. Pick up truck rear ends a Travel trailer and goes thru it. Needless to say it closed south I 75. 2 people in pickup truck hurt and air cared to hospital
Hope it was a very important text………..sheesh!…..how do you explain driving into a camping trailer?

Rob

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Want to bet a cell phone was involved in some manner?

Reactions: BU54 and obermd

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Distracted driving laws existed before cell phones. And it wasn't because lawmakers had crystal balls. :grin:

If this was in Texas, I'd say someone fell asleep with the cruse control set.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yow...

I witnessed an accident today as well, but didn't stop to take photos. Sat at a stop light watching someone of an unspecified gender jabbering on their phone out the door, hopping in their very new looking Merc C-Class, and backing out the driveway straight into a Ford 1/2 ton that couldn't stop or swerve. Thought I could avoid the car pieces driving around it through the center lane, but I probably have a small piece or two of a Merc in my tires now.

·
Super Moderator
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
High speed heavy traffic? AKA Tailgating?
In Cincinnati, this is just before the bridge to Ky. which at that time of day always backs up unexpectedly then on top of that the construction that has the traffic down to 3 lanes that are not well defined. I am sure the wreck was a combination of reasons but most likely not paying attention.
Want to bet a cell phone was involved in some manner?
Why I use my Bluetooth only in my car. Looks like I am talking to myself but safer.

FYI the only people hurt were in the truck that hit the camper.

·
Super Moderator
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From the damage it looks like the camper might have been stopped when the impact happened.
What a freaking mess...
Most likely stopped and offending truck was either trying to get on highway or quickly pass at what they thought was an opening at high speed and no where to go. Bam! Couldn't go to the right bc of construction barriers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts