Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wheels on my '12 Cruze look downright terrible after this winter, all pitted and corroded.

Looking for a near mint or mint set of these so I can use them as summer rims.

Located in Northeasternish, Ohio.

Thanks!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Have you considered having them "refurbished," which is just blasting and powder coating them?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,919 Posts
There is a sudden rash of 17 and 18 inch rims for sale. One set with TPMS included for $400 was a pretty good deal. I take it you like the soft ride of the 16's?

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@jmlo96 No, I have not explored that option. Would that permanently take care of the pitting and ugliness?
@Blasirl Yeah, they're cheap, look good, ride good, and I don't want to spend the $650 in Goodyear Assurance for the 17's haha

·
Registered
635 Posts
@jmlo96 No, I have not explored that option. Would that permanently take care of the pitting and ugliness?

No not necessarily, powder coating is not PERMINANT and CAN get expensive, if the shop you bring them too is reputable and reliable they usually charge more,I have someone by me who does it for $100 per tire, but im not sure of his quality, and that's the cheapest, it is however a little more resistant depending on the quality of the job, and in my opinion a better finish than the stock rims came with

If I were you, I'd keep your ugly ones for winter, and its a little more money, but buy a second pair of rims in better condition. And HEY now you have spares!! lol

As far as getting them, hubcaphaven.com has them for $140

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/3387/chevrolet_cruze_wheels_rims.html

Them or detroitwheelandtire.com are my choice for shopping for rims, detroitwheelandtire as them for $149

11 Cruze LTZ 1.4T
04 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4

·
Registered
576 Posts
There's a place in Detroit, MI who has the eco set for $400. They have good tires too the guy claimed. I kind of want to get them but dont have enough. If you're still looking in a few weeks and want the 16s I have a set with pretty much new tires I'd sell for $200. But you'd have to meet me in Detroit which would probably be about halfway and let me swap them over to the 17s. Lol

Reactions: sparkman

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interested, could you PM me photo's of all 4 rims @wasney?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I will try to get some for you tomorrow. Its storming pretty bad here so I won't be able to get a good pic today. I did have plastidip on them and peeled it last summer (messed up and did not use enough so it peeled off like crap) so there are black smudges all over it. But don't worry, I will be nice enough to clean them good if I sell them lol.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm not sure if it's because I use mobile but it won't let me p.m. you these pictures. I took pictures when I got home and honestly I think these are better than a daytime picture could be.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Here are some Daytime pictures. One of the rims has Road Rash I took closer pictures of it for you.

Attachments

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think I can live with the road rash. @wasney

Thank you for the offer and your time, kindly appreciated.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I don't think I can live with the road rash. @wasney

Thank you for the offer and your time, kindly appreciated.
You are fine! Probably a good idea to keep these for winter rims anyways. Thanks though!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I still have my 1lt alloy wheels. I never got around to selling them. I have to dig them out of the garage and get you some pics. Id say they are near mint condition.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still have my 1lt alloy wheels. I never got around to selling them. I have to dig them out of the garage and get you some pics. Id say they are near mint condition.
Awesome, I look forward to the pictures! You are going to Lordstown this year, correct?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
All but one wheel is in like new condition. I took a pic of the area on the one wheel that has some sort of oxidation from the weight. Theses wheels have 80k miles and have never had the tires dismounted. Let me know what you think Sparkman.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PM sent...I'm not sure why I didn't get notified you posted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.